Best Vacation Ever...Trip report 2014...

Login to post comments
146 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture

Onto our 8th day and once again Olaf woke us up at 07.15am..We had our breakfast on the balcony of our room and grabbed a bus for MK..Our fp+ passes weren't for later at DHS so we just hopped onto whatever we fancied..At noon we decided to get a bus for PORS from MK just to visit for old times sake..Ah memories came flooding back..Then we got on a boat and sailed down the old Sassagoula river to downtown and done some shopping..After that we headed back to WL for lunch at Roaring Forks before heading out to DHS for our FP + passes..Toy Story and Fantasmic...We managed to get seats right down at the front..Wait..What does the " Wet Area " sign mean..We soon found out..We missed this show on our 2012 trip,so I was so glad to see it again..After the show was finished we once again headed back to our resort but went to Trails End for our carry out but of " Giddy Up & Go " fried chicken...Awesome...Apart from trying a Mickey Ice Cream Bar ( first time ever) it reminded me of a UK magnum and our first Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich ( huge ) that was the end of another hot and sunny day...Tomorrow beckons with our meet & greet with Anna & Elsa and our second signature dining experience at Artist Point...

Kristen K.'s picture

Sounds like a lovely time so far!

Ms.Mouse's picture

What a great trip! My DH was "that guy" as well on our last trip and thought it was hilarious laugh . The ice cream cookie sandwiches we have had are more like meals than desserts...... looking forward to your pics clapping

Ms.Mouse's picture

What a great trip! My DH was "that guy" as well on our last trip and thought it was hilarious laugh . The ice cream cookie sandwiches we have had are more like meals than desserts...... looking forward to your pics clapping

jw24's picture

Good stuff, watchmaker! I added Trails End to my bucket list after seeing pictures from Mousesteps Weekly on YouTube. Looked really good to me. I've noticed a lot of firsts in terms of Disney sweet treats and dining so that's good. It's always nice to try new things on Disney trips. Keep it coming!

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Spook's picture

Sounds like a busy but fun day awesome We did the buffet at Trails End for dinner and it was fantastic! They served fried chicken there so assuming it's the same as your bucket it's delicious! mickey

oHIo's picture

Still waiting for those promised photos!! waiting (lol....I always wanted to use this emotican)

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!!

amy1989's picture

when we went to VN there was about 5 people (if not more) sang to while we were there - I did mention at the time that I would probably try and crawl under the table if it happened to me but I enjoyed watching as a spectator!!! haha

great report can't wait to see these highly anticipated pictures!!!

The Watchmaker's picture

Ok..Now it's day 9....Let me say that today we managed to download our 330 photos from our new cannon camera onto our main PC..However after two hours of trying to get them from the computer to my trusty I- Pad,we are taking a break..Hopefully our son will know how to do it when I pick him up from college later on today...No rope drop today so after a 07.15am rise,I headed off to the bakery at Roaring Forks for some warm goodies and we headed out around 9.00 to MK..We done our FP+ passes including a meet and greet with Elsa and Anna..Even tho we had the FP it took us about 30 minutes from the start of the queue to the room where the Bonnie Lassies awaited our appearance..We eventually left MK around 2.00pm for our afternoon chill and dip at WL..So comes our much anticipated AP ADR..We sat in the lounge area with a pre dinner drink and watched this huge line of people trying to book in at the check in,with each couple getting a bleeper..( the hand held device that flashes and vibrates when your table is ready ) So at 7.45pm when the queue had died down I approached the desk and was given the " bleeper " ... We were seated around 8.15 ( our reservation was 8.00pm) ..We were given two flutes of champagne for a toast ( our anniversary) and our son got a non alcohol one..My wife opted for the soup ( smokey portobello) and I had the crab appetiser, both excellent.( Our son isnt a starter fan ) So to our main courses..My wife went for their signature cedar plank salmon..Verdict..Awesome...I had the Buffalo and requested it as the chefs recommendation, medium to rare,and it melted in my mouth..and my son had the fillet..A bottle of Waterbrook Sauvignon at $45 seemed reasonable..Our overall verdict was sensational and yes we would dine here again..Total bill including a 20% tip was $260 for three of us including our drinks ( coke for my son. ) The dining room was huge and much bigger than I expected..Again our server was very good and made sure we had an enjoyable experience...So all in all, a great day and awesome meal finished off our night..Tomorrow was another early morning rope drop at Epcot and our MNSSHP...Now hopefully I will get these photos done.

The Watchmaker's picture

Ok..Food photos arrived at last...here's my Kansas 18oz from YS...Medium as chefs recommended....

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg762.7 KB
The Watchmaker's picture

A nice touch at YS ..Wasn't expecting this..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg778.27 KB
The Watchmaker's picture

My short rib beef at The Wave..Melt in your mouth stuff..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg710.66 KB
The Watchmaker's picture

Our breads and dips at Sanaa..Great starter..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg559.65 KB
The Watchmaker's picture

Now that's what I call a pizza..The famous Mezzo Metro at VN...

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg787.87 KB
93boomer's picture

Loving this trip!! You guys did so much!! My DH is going to be trying some new foods this upcoming trip!! Lol
Keep it coming watchmaker! awesome

The Watchmaker's picture

A trio of selections from Artist Point...The crab appetiser...The Buffalo...The Cedar Plank Salmon...

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg583.23 KB
image.jpg
image.jpg639.73 KB
image.jpg
image.jpg534.05 KB
amy1989's picture

I may have just had my lunch.........but I'm hungry now!!!!!!

jw24's picture

Great pics! Sadly I don't think I'll ever be able to eat the Mezzo Metro all by myself. eek (I'll have to settle for the individual pizza which shouldn't be too bad. cool) But, the cedar plank salmon looks good.

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Mousedreaming's picture

Hooray! Pictures! yay

*Proud Disney Nut*

JanJ's picture

Great food pictures. Glad to hear you enjoyed your dining choices.

The Watchmaker's picture

So onto our 10th day and it's a early rope drop at Epcot..Thanks to Olaf..06.15am...We arrived and were in the front of a turn style and made our way to my favourite ride " Soarin " ..And a good excuse for three breakfast platters at SS...So we done our three fp+ including a meet & greet with Mickey..Minnie..and Goofy..Then another meet and greet with a friend on Facebook, a proper gentleman..Carl..at Rose & Crown..The Guinness was lovely..And round about 2.00pm we headed back for our daily recharge the batteries for tonight's MNSSHP...Well this was our first time at this event..I done more filming whilst my good wife took the camera in hand..Yes we loved it..The show at the castle..The nighttime fireworks.The Boo to You parade..And of course the trick or treat candy fun..Question is, would we do it again..We all agreed that once was enough..So at around 11.00pm we decided to call it a night, well we had been up since 06.15.. Here's some photos of that day & night..Oh I forgot to mention..We had another ADR at the Plaza at MK for 4.10pm..Another hidden gem in our book..Huge sandwiches and free refills..Great value and perfect for the parade..One more thing I've remembered..We tried our first Croisnuit at Epcot..Awesome.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg815.06 KB
image.jpg
image.jpg696.57 KB
image.jpg
image.jpg787.36 KB
image.jpg
image.jpg757.31 KB
93boomer's picture

Glad you had fun at the party!! We love all the Halloween decorations!
Cute pictures of you and Donna!!

Mousedreaming's picture

Hooray, Pictures! Nice to see you and the wife looking so happy and relaxed on your vacation. Interesting about the Halloween party. I would love to go sometime, but it probably won't happen for a long time (never say never). It is on the bucket list, though. Did the Horseman ride that evening?

*Proud Disney Nut*

Allie's picture

Welp, I'm starving now! Those food pics look amazing! awesome

Food Pictures look awesome...yummmmy ..glad you enjoyed the Halloween Party !! We are going to try it out next year Smile

The Watchmaker's picture

Cheers Boomer..Can't remember ever been quoted as cute in a photo... laugh ..and yes Mousedreaming the headless horseman was doing his thing..Its definitely a must,even once,unless you've got lots of kids,my DS now 17, doesn't think its a big deal,until the candy hunt started..He's got enough stash to keep him chomping until xmas..

designedbydisney's picture

Trip report is amazing sounds like you had a great time, after staying there for two weeks I can see why you love pors, we are staying at wilderness lodge in March did you like it more or less? Plus how easy was the boat in the early hours?

jw24's picture

Great pics. So now we all get to see the one and only Carl at Rose and Crown. Glad you had a good time at the Halloween Party.

The Watchmaker's picture

designedbydisney wrote:
Trip report is amazing sounds like you had a great time, after staying there for two weeks I can see why you love pors, we are staying at wilderness lodge in March did you like it more or less? Plus how easy was the boat in the early hours?

Loved WL..Yes if we got another offer we would jump at WL ..The boat doesn't leave until 7.30am to early magic hours but the bus arrives at 7.00am...

The Watchmaker's picture

Well today was day 11 and we felt we had almost covered all our must do and sees..It was a 07.15am rise for DHS which opened at 9.00am..We done two walk ons at toy story and star tours before breakfast at Writers Stop..I tried the famous carrot cake and loved it..We then went to do our fp+ at toy story and star tours again..More fun watching Mulch..Sweat..group before heading back to WL for our afternoon chill/swim period..That night we headed for epcot and tried Patagonia and Africa ( again ) at the festival..My son wanted another steak at Liberty so this gave us chance to catch " Smash Mouth " ..Hey man, your a rock star..Very energetic band..So as we headed home our thoughts were on tomorrow which was our sons 17th birthday and we had ordered a cake to be delivered when we were at the parks and also our return to Jiko after a four year absence..Would it live up to its first great experience...?..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg1010.27 KB