Disneyland in 2016??

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
Disneyland in 2016??

There is somewhat of a good chance that we will have the opportunity to go to Disneyland in January 2016 yay crossfingers
I'm really hoping to be able to use DVC for the Grand Californian but from what I've read (and seen by constantly checking the availability) it doesn't look good. I'm hoping maybe it'll be easier to get for January confused

If VGC is booked, we plan on staying at a good neighbour hotel. The two we have been looking at are the Fairfield Inn by Mariott and the Candy Cane Inn. Has anyone stayed at either of these places or another good neighbour hotel that you like?

RobynPrincess's picture

We got VGC at 7 months for a weekend in May. I think your chances could be good!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Spook's picture

I just checked for 7 months out ( June 28) and it's available for the full week. And that includes July 4! My hopes are raising awesome

Magic Mirror's picture

There are some hotel reviews over at disneytouristblog.com...

Spook's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
There are some hotel reviews over at disneytouristblog.com...

Cool thanks awesome

DisneyDee27's picture

we stayed at the Sheraton on Ball Rd that looks like a castle. Its a GNH and had very reliable shuttles to the parks. Large rooms too.

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

DisneyDee27's picture

Also depending on when you go in January it can be very busy due to the holidays, the Rose Parade and people in town for the Rosebowl football game.

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Spook's picture

DisneyDee27 wrote:
Also depending on when you go in January it can be very busy due to the holidays, the Rose Parade and people in town for the Rosebowl football game.

Hmmm I was hoping it would be less busy. We'd be going either the second or third week I think.

Magic Days's picture

We stayed at the embassy suites and it is a GNH. The shuttle was handy and I like the included breakfast.

alicemouse's picture

We got in at 7 months for March 25-28, 2015. I agree that Candy Cane Inn looks good. I haven't stayed there, but that was one of my back-up plans. Also, there was one that started with a C...Camelot maybe? or Carousel? that looked good as well. Good luck!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JMed's picture

I just googled the Candy Cane Inn... It doesn't look Christmasy AT ALL! eek laugh

I would love to get out there some day! Good luck with all the planning!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Spook's picture

JMed wrote:
I just googled the Candy Cane Inn... It doesn't look Christmasy AT ALL! eek laugh

I would love to get out there some day! Good luck with all the planning!

I know! It looks cute but I'm not sure where the name came from. I expected a Christmas vibe waiting