Disneymoon March 2014

Login to post comments
26 posts / 0 new
Anonymous
Disneymoon March 2014

Hi Everyone

We are at the start of our planning. Have been getting great ideas from reading other peoples trip reports.
Right now the only thing we know for sure is that we plan on going the week of March 16th. Not more has been really said. Other then we did compare Dinning plan or no Dinning Plan...Hopper no experation dates or Annual passes (we are planning to go also in October 2014 for DD first trip).
At this point we are looking to stay at an All Star Or POP- 6 day hoppers- DDP (not deluxe)
This will be my 5th trip and my DH as an adult. I do not see us staying in the room much other then sleep and rest.

At this time looks like day one will be leave Chattanooga early. Arrive at the World early afternoon. Maybe book a couple massage (think would be nice after long drive). And then dinner at the Poly and if we can see fireworks from the beach.
I will update as plans get moving along.
Any suggestions on things you like to do on a grown up trip let me know.
Also thinking about dinner in Canada in Epcot one night.

Mandy's picture

Pop is a very nice resort and I would recommend staying there over All Stars for a Disneymoon. I highly doubt you want to spend a lot of time on the bus because the All Stars share a bus except at night when there are hundreds of people also waiting to go back to the resort.

Magic Mirror's picture

I vote yes for couple massage! awesome

IsabelSnow

Mandy wrote:
Pop is a very nice resort and I would recommend staying there over All Stars for a Disneymoon. I highly doubt you want to spend a lot of time on the bus because the All Stars share a bus except at night when there are hundreds of people also waiting to go back to the resort.

Hi Mandy

I am thinking more the POP due to the bus sharing. I stayed there back in 2007 and did like it.
I thought of Art of Animation but not sure yet.

IsabelSnow

Magic Mirror wrote:

I think the massage would be nice after the 10/12 hour drive down. Way to start a great vacation.

Allie's picture

IsabelSnow wrote:
Magic Mirror wrote:

I think the massage would be nice after the 10/12 hour drive down. Way to start a great vacation.

awesome Great idea! Then you'll be refreshed and ready for the parks! awesome

IsabelSnow

Allie wrote:
IsabelSnow wrote:
Magic Mirror wrote:

awesome Great idea! Then you'll be refreshed and ready for the parks! awesome

My same thought

Mandy's picture

IsabelSnow wrote:
Mandy wrote:

Hi Mandy

I am thinking more the POP due to the bus sharing. I stayed there back in 2007 and did like it.
I thought of Art of Animation but not sure yet.

Pop and Art are very nice resorts. Art will be a little bit more expensive then Pop because Art has mostly family suites. The only section that doesn't have family suites is the Little Mermaid Section.

Allie's picture

Even the standard rooms in the Little Mermaid section were a bit pricier then Pop and the All Stars last time I checked.

Kristen K.'s picture

Sounds like a nice start to your plans! I think that a couples massage would be awesome after the long drive. I know that I could have used one when I drove down in June. Where were you thinking of eting at the Poly Ohana or Kona?

IsabelSnow

Kristen K. wrote:
Sounds like a nice start to your plans! I think that a couples massage would be awesome after the long drive. I know that I could have used one when I drove down in June. Where were you thinking of eting at the Poly Ohana or Kona?

Hi Kristen

I think I am leaning towards Ohana. But still reaseaching both. I have not eaten at either one, so I am have been reading everyones reviews on both.
Is Kona the one with sushi? Or is that only CA Grill?

MrHub's picture

IsabelSnow, both Kona & California Grill have sushi. Cali Grill is a signature restaurant. Both are excellent! awesome

IsabelSnow

Thank you everyone for your thoughts about the Pop and Art of Anamantion.
I think we will end up at the POP and maybe when we go back in October due Art. I am trying to see if my DS and her family will come with us in October with my mom and other DD. I want to make that a big family trip we have not done Disney as a family in 7 years. Last time was when we still lived in California and did Disneyland and my DS kids where 2 (she has a twins boy and girl).

IsabelSnow

mrhub wrote:
IsabelSnow, both Kona & California Grill have sushi. Cali Grill is a signature restaurant. Both are excellent! awesome

Thank you Mr Hub
My DH and I are big sushi fans. Some of our best dates have been for sushi.

IsabelSnow

Question---Carriage ride at POFQ is it for guest of hotel only?

Mandy's picture

I'm pretty sure anyone can do it.

IsabelSnow

Mandy wrote:
I'm pretty sure anyone can do it.

Thanks Mandy

Mandy's picture

You're welcome.

JanJ's picture

IsabelSnow wrote:
mrhub wrote:

Thank you Mr Hub

If you love sushi, then you should try Tokyo Dining at the Epcot Japan pavilion. My DH and I love it there - he gets sushi and I get the tempura.

JMUDukz's picture

Allie wrote:
Even the standard rooms in the Little Mermaid section were a bit pricier then Pop and the All Stars last time I checked.

Welcome Isabelsnow!!! Disneymoon sounds awesome. Allie is right, AoA is more expensive, but price it out, b/ you might be surprised. Fortunately, the CM I made my reservations with MADE me price out AoA before pricing out Pop. I told him AoA was my first choice, but I knew it would be more expensive. It is, but it was more expensive by less than $60 total for the 5 nights - so don't count it out on price alone.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

IsabelSnow

JanJ wrote:
IsabelSnow wrote:
mrhub wrote:

Thank you Mr Hub

If you love sushi, then you should try Tokyo Dining at the Epcot Japan pavilion. My DH and I love it there - he gets sushi and I get the tempura.

Hi Jan

Can you do counter service sushi in Japan? I was thinking of doing dinner in Mexico? Still not sure.
I have my "The Unoffical Guide to WDW 2011" and going to start highlighting places people have been recommending and then start narrowing down. DH is not much into the planning at this time and he is one of those who would be okay eating PP&J that we made ourselfs and bring to park. Just as long as he gets to ride the rides. He will do all the other things that I want to do just because I want to do them. As things get closer and have to start making ADRS hopefully he will have more of an input.

IsabelSnow

JMUDukz wrote:
Allie wrote:

Welcome Isabelsnow!!! Disneymoon sounds awesome. Allie is right, AoA is more expensive, but price it out, b/ you might be surprised. Fortunately, the CM I made my reservations with MADE me price out AoA before pricing out Pop. I told him AoA was my first choice, but I knew it would be more expensive. It is, but it was more expensive by less than $60 total for the 5 nights - so don't count it out on price alone.

Hi JMUDukz and Allie

I think that I will just need to price all the resorts I am interested in and compare rates and difference in cost.
Because I am still leaning towards POFQ or POR also. Seems to be the Disneymoon hotel of choice. LOL
My main reason for a value is I do not see us staying at hotel much and would rather put money towards other things.

Kristen K.'s picture

IsabelSnow wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:

Hi Kristen

I think I am leaning towards Ohana. But still reaseaching both. I have not eaten at either one, so I am have been reading everyones reviews on both.
Is Kona the one with sushi? Or is that only CA Grill?

I'm partial to 'Ohana, but Kona has some pretty great sushi. If that's your goal for the meal - Kona is a win.

MrHub's picture

There is always this too! Never been there, but would love to go.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/kimonos/index.html

JanJ's picture

IsabelSnow wrote:
JanJ wrote:
IsabelSnow wrote:
mrhub wrote:

Thank you Mr Hub

Hi Jan

Can you do counter service sushi in Japan? I was thinking of doing dinner in Mexico? Still not sure.
I have my "The Unoffical Guide to WDW 2011" and going to start highlighting places people have been recommending and then start narrowing down. DH is not much into the planning at this time and he is one of those who would be okay eating PP&J that we made ourselfs and bring to park. Just as long as he gets to ride the rides. He will do all the other things that I want to do just because I want to do them. As things get closer and have to start making ADRS hopefully he will have more of an input.

There is the Katsura Grill at the Japan pavilion and it's quick service. Haven't eaten there myself but the menu has sushi. I'm sure it's just as good as the table service restaurant.

IsabelSnow

I compared POFQ and POP just now. I compared with quick service ddp and regular ddp. Under the quick service ther is a 371.30 and regular ddp is same 371.30. A lot less then I thought it would be. Now just need to talk to DH and see what he says. I am thinking the quick service ddp would work for us and just any sit downs we do want to do we could pay for. Do not think DH will want to do a lot of sit down. He is all in to the rides. And if weather is good wants to do a water park.
Right now I am looking into hopper tickets (even though I have never hopped) but would like to have just in case.