It's Official-ish Maybe - DVC at Polynesian Coming in 2015!

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
It's Official-ish Maybe - DVC at Polynesian Coming in 2015!

Reports today say that construction has begun to make way for DVC Villas at the Polynesian Resort.
No details on what form it will take have been released.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/other--proposed-resorts/2392-polynesian-dvc-announced
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/09/breaking-disney-build-vacation-club.html

UPDATE: So, I could have perhaps jumped the gun in excitement. I haven't been able to find the press release for this, and member services is telling me that nothing has been officially announced "yet."

So - yea - sorry but fingers crossed!

The Colonel's picture

Good news! There are a lot of Poly fans out there that have been waiting for this.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Kristen K.'s picture

There are indeed! I just hope that they add value to for the DVC Member at this resort and suitably upgrade all the facilities. I was disappointed with the Grand Floridian expansion because they really only added rooms but didn't really improve or add anything else (pools, lounges, restaurants, BBQ area, etc). There are rumors swirling though that this expension could bring a Trader Sams Tiki Bar to WDW and I would LOVE that!

Vettelover's picture

Did you hear see that mrhub?? yay clapping muchlove muchlove stars yeah pillowfight banana

MrHub's picture

Yes I heard this and there has been no Official Announcement from Disney. I call DVC and they are denying it. I think someone really jumped the gun on this one and everyone jumped on the boat, and I think its gonna sink!

MrHub's picture

I know there is a bunch of construction starting, the silt fences are going up all over the resort, so that means they are going to be moving some earth, but I still think someone jumped the gun on this announcement.

If you look and all the reports, they are all quoting back to the same news article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/09/breaking-disney-build-vacation-club.html

MrHub's picture

There is also no mention of anything on any DVC site.

RobynPrincess's picture

We were taking to some DVC guys today and they told us that the poly has been released. It will have a mixture of size units (not just studios as some have reported). Smile

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

RobynPrincess's picture

They also told us that it was released today.

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Kristen K.'s picture

All Ears is reporting DVC at Poly and they DO NOT report anything without a solid and reliable source, so I'm sure that *something* official was said about it today. I just haven't been able to find that something, and my previous inside DVC source retired from the company when they closed the Chicago office. sad