MNSSHP 2016 Who is going?!

Login to post comments
62 posts / 0 new
MNSSHP 2016 Who is going?!

Ok, I know it is still early yet, but I am just so darn excited. I thought I would start a topic on it for 2016 and we can share all our plans and what we are going to wear! Hopefully they will change the new rules for the party!

So personally I have no idea what we are going as yet. I am thinking something simple because its still pretty hot and I don't want to wear makeup either. Last time I went as Sally and my makeup was half off my face by the end of the night! yuck! Although I really want to go as the Tight Rope Girl from the Haunted Mansion but its so....difficult finding a costume for that. There is one on Etsy but its like $900 no thanks!

My other thing I don't know about is that I REALLY want to meet Jack and Sally but I have heard the lines for that fills up fast and I don't want to be stuck in a line for two hours when I can be seeing other things! And I definitely don't want to miss out on the Hocus Pocus show if they are doing that again this year! So I guess we will have to wait and see what is going to go on. It would be really nice if they offered a fast pass for the Jack and Sally meet and greet!

We will be going, hopefully there is a party the night of my birthday as that is what we are planning to do. I don't think Disney will go back on the no costume rule.

The Colonel's picture

I'll be going. I'll also be checking out Halloween Horror Nights at that other park.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

RobynPrincess's picture

We are undecided, we will probably only go if we can go in costume. Already have the outfits planned mickey when they announce dates and official rules regarding costumes we will know. Tbh we could probably get away with them being 'disneybounding' but I want to sew or stick loads of feathers to my skirt so would probably take it too far....

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Sally-Ann wrote:
We will be going, hopefully there is a party the night of my birthday as that is what we are planning to do. I don't think Disney will go back on the no costume rule.

I emailed Disney and got a vague response as they might open up options for the party. They did for Run Disney, so I am hoping they will open it up a little.

The Colonel wrote:
I'll be going. I'll also be checking out Halloween Horror Nights at that other park.

I have never been to that "other park" for that event. I think it might be a little too scary for me though I get a great laugh watching Ellen send her people through it every year.

RobynPrincess wrote:
We are undecided, we will probably only go if we can go in costume. Already have the outfits planned mickey when they announce dates and official rules regarding costumes we will know. Tbh we could probably get away with them being 'disneybounding' but I want to sew or stick loads of feathers to my skirt so would probably take it too far....

Hmmm feathers I have a guess but don't want to spoil it!

RobynPrincess's picture

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki room
All the birds sing words and the flowers croon
In the tiki tiki tiki tiki room yay

Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite

RobynPrincess wrote:

That's a great idea! Love the Tiki Room missed out on it last time we went it was under construction. I was thinking Kevin from Up! lol

RobynPrincess's picture

FutureMrsHurst wrote:
RobynPrincess wrote:

That's a great idea! Love the Tiki Room missed out on it last time we went it was under construction. I was thinking Kevin from Up! lol

Well you wouldn't have been too far off.... I was him last time laugh clearly I have a thing for birds laugh

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpeg
image.jpeg137.29 KB

Watson's go West May 15

NikkiMouse's picture

We might go, but I want to say what the official ruling is when it comes to costumes once we get a little closer to the party. If they stick with no costumes, we will probably just skip it this year.

JoAnn C's picture

I haven't decided yet.

alicemouse's picture

We'll be going. We had quite a bit of rain at the end of our party last time. We want a re-do!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

AnnielovesDisney's picture

We're going this year too. We went 10/15 but it rained the entire night and almost everything was cancelled.

JoAnn C's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I haven't decided yet.

The more I think about it; the more I lean toward no. I enjoyed the party when I went a couple of years ago. It's not a must do for me. I'd rather use the money toward food and wine festival events.

danijrod's picture

I think I am going and it will be our first ever time Smile yay

JMed's picture

Depending on dates in October we may do this... I'm sure my parents will be down as soon as they find out LOL laugh

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Sid Man's picture

I've done the Christmas party, so may try to find time to do this one if the times match up ok.

I've also done Halloween at 'the other park'...it's much more adult orientated, so if you scare easily, make sure you have someone to hide behind!

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook

alicemouse wrote:
We'll be going. We had quite a bit of rain at the end of our party last time. We want a re-do!

On no! That stinks! I am hoping we don't get rained out!

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
We're going this year too. We went 10/15 but it rained the entire night and almost everything was cancelled.

Ugh! No rain! Fingers crossed for you this time!

JoAnn C wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
I haven't decided yet.

The more I think about it; the more I lean toward no. I enjoyed the party when I went a couple of years ago. It's not a must do for me. I'd rather use the money toward food and wine festival events.

I have only been once to the Halloween Party but I LOVED IT! But I am a HUGE Halloween fan myself. I have never been to the Food and Wine Festival, but with my food allergies, it would be hard for me to do a lot of that. sad Though I am a HUGE foody! But so hard with so....many allergies.

danijrod wrote:
I think I am going and it will be our first ever time Smile yay

YAY! I loved it! And what I love even more is that there was no crowds when we went! So it was a lovely time of year to go! You will really enjoy the party I know I did!

JMed wrote:
Depending on dates in October we may do this... I'm sure my parents will be down as soon as they find out LOL laugh

Yay! I really can't say enough about the party and the time of year is great to go too.

Sid Man wrote:
I've done the Christmas party, so may try to find time to do this one if the times match up ok.

I've also done Halloween at 'the other park'...it's much more adult orientated, so if you scare easily, make sure you have someone to hide behind!

I have yet to do the Christmas Party, I have been down there a bunch of times for Christmas but never done the party before. Maybe one day I will get to do it!
I defiantly scare easily! There is a Haunted thing they do here in NH for October and I have been four times, it is by a movie production crew and they go all out. I get freaked out every time! And last time I got singled out to go first by them! I was so freaked out because I couldn't hide behind my Fiance!

jhugo's picture

Still not sure. We have gone to the Christmas party a couple times and love it. Have never tried the Halloween party so I am tempted but kind of waiting to see what bands will be playing at food and wine. There is so much I want to do and never enough time! Maybe that's why we end up going back year after year.

amy1989's picture

seen as I missed out going to last years and practically EVERY cast member we came into contact said "have you been to our Halloween party this year" and my answer was no I will definitely be going this year I'm so excited!!!!

BoBo713's picture

Not this year, as we're not going to to the world this year sad sad sad sad having been several times before it is a lot of fun and we always enjoy ourselves. We've got a 50/50 record with the rain at the events, one year it was extremely bad, it does get to you a bit, but we just make the best of it and go for it. The best part about it how much everyone those themselves into it, guests, cast members it amazing. I just hope that the no costume issue doesn't spoil what makes the event so good.

BoBo

"Live well, laugh loud & love much"

This is what I am hearing, this site is usually pretty accurate. I have everything scheduled for the 13th so works out perfect! Now I don't have to change anything.

alicemouse's picture

Well I guess we'll be planning to go Oct. 21 or 23 if Kenny's dates are accurate. What's everyone else thinking?

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

The Colonel's picture

If we go, it will be on 10/16. I believe we haven't missed a year since 2005, but I'm not sure about this year. We have the cruise the next morning, possibly no costumes allowed, etc., I may pass this year. Playing it by ear.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

oHIo's picture

The Colonel wrote:
If we go, it will be on 10/16. I believe we haven't missed a year since 2005, but I'm not sure about this year. We have the cruise the next morning, possibly no costumes allowed, etc., I may pass this year. Playing it by ear.

Costumes were half the fun! Have to agree with The Colonel. I remain undecided. If we do go, it would be either the 16th or the 21st. My Fairy Godmother costume is still hanging on my closet door. It makes me smile every time I look at it.
Smile

My birthday is the 10/20 so planning for then Smile

JMed's picture

I am now considering this since we will be down there for the big meet up! I am going to just wait a bit and see. We will have mom, dad and Blondie joining us so I have to factor them into the equation also.

yay
I can not wait now! I am just waiting for the tickets to release so I can purchase them! And decide on costumes if we can wear them! Hopefully they will open up the rules for this special event.

JMed's picture

When do the tickets normally go on sale? Is this a but when they go on sale kind of thing or do I have time to think about it??? I need to see if everyone wants to do it.

JMed wrote:
When do the tickets normally go on sale? Is this a but when they go on sale kind of thing or do I have time to think about it??? I need to see if everyone wants to do it.

They should go on sale in the next few weeks. Depends on which day you want to go, obviously 10/31 sells out quickly but the others you can normally buy without a panic

I talked to a CM last week and she said in the next couple of weeks they should be available. I think the general consensus is they will be released the first week of April.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/03/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-spooks-walt-disney-world-guests-29-nights-this-fall/

It's official! Costumes are allowed with some restrictions! And the Hocus Pocus show is returning! clapping