Rivers of Light Seating Issue??

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3849
Rivers of Light Seating Issue??

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/03/12/is-disney-world-making-a-5000-seat-mistake.aspx

I came across this article last night while I was stuck in traffic. Starting to rethink the opening weekend. Surely it can't be as bad as the media and naysayers always make it out to be.

Since we aren't staying on property, I am patiently waiting to see if it opens for us to have a fast pass available.

Did I read somewhere that they were doing 3 shows nightly??? This says 2.

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6755

I was just reading about that. I did my fast passes and was hoping it would be available. I will just keep checking.

__________________

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

Here are the photos that I took of the Rivers of Light seating last week from the Flame Tree BBQ dining area. It looks nearly complete, but does not appear to be high capacity. I remember how her it used to be to get into Fantasmic...if this is lower capacity for a higher crowd park, heaven help us. I hope this is available for FP!

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Brinbunny's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/23/2014
Posts: 645

5000 seems like hardly anything, especially when I visited in October 2014 Fantasmic! Was selling out FP and standby wise each time I looked.

With that in mind surely they would be mad not to FP it, if not, it's not hard to imagine the 4 hour blanket on the ground, meltdown inducing queue. Complete with the whole 1 person on in the queue holding space for at least 6 others, a few tour groups thrown in for good measure - eek how can that be painted as pretty?

As I've not been in the last 2 years - what is the queuing area going to look like? Has anyone seen it? Is it going to be the mad crush a la Fantasmic? Or a more orderly switchback type system?

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

JMed wrote:
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/03/12/is-disney-world-making-a-5000-seat-mistake.aspx

Did I read somewhere that they were doing 3 shows nightly??? This says 2.

Previous rumor was 3 shows, however I have also read that would be difficult on a manpower level. You know how it is with Disney though, you don't know until it's happening, and even then it can change.

I think that yes, they are going to have issues with the 5,000 person stadium, especially for the first several years, but I'm not crazy about the whole WDW stadium seating to begin with. The Fools like to stir the pot when it comes to Disney, but we're really all just going to have to wait and see.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3849

Kristen K. wrote:
JMed wrote:
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/03/12/is-disney-world-making-a-5000-seat-mistake.aspx

Did I read somewhere that they were doing 3 shows nightly??? This says 2.

Previous rumor was 3 shows, however I have also read that would be difficult on a manpower level. You know how it is with Disney though, you don't know until it's happening, and even then it can change.

I think that yes, they are going to have issues with the 5,000 person stadium, especially for the first several years, but I'm not crazy about the whole WDW stadium seating to begin with. The Fools like to stir the pot when it comes to Disney, but we're really all just going to have to wait and see.

I am leaning on the wait and see part of this... It's not a fireworks show so you are going to have to be close to see it. Not like you can find a spot in the park and look skyward! If it's crazy or next to impossible I will just have to wait until August to see it.

I've not seen where the queue might be, Maybe near Nemo????

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

RobynPrincess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2010
Posts: 2859

JMed wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
JMed wrote:
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/03/12/is-disney-world-making-a-5000-seat-mistake.aspx

Did I read somewhere that they were doing 3 shows nightly??? This says 2.

Previous rumor was 3 shows, however I have also read that would be difficult on a manpower level. You know how it is with Disney though, you don't know until it's happening, and even then it can change.

I think that yes, they are going to have issues with the 5,000 person stadium, especially for the first several years, but I'm not crazy about the whole WDW stadium seating to begin with. The Fools like to stir the pot when it comes to Disney, but we're really all just going to have to wait and see.

I am leaning on the wait and see part of this... It's not a fireworks show so you are going to have to be close to see it. Not like you can find a spot in the park and look skyward! If it's crazy or next to impossible I will just have to wait until August to see it.

I've not seen where the queue might be, Maybe near Nemo????


I'm trying to wait patiently till Disney does a few of the soft openings to hear how it's running. I'm gonna try so damn hard to get a Fastpass though Wink

__________________

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Magic Days's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/02/2012
Posts: 601

It seems close to what world of color is offering for seating. It will be interesting to see.

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

RobynPrincess wrote:
JMed wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
JMed wrote:
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/03/12/is-disney-world-making-a-5000-seat-mistake.aspx

Did I read somewhere that they were doing 3 shows nightly??? This says 2.

Previous rumor was 3 shows, however I have also read that would be difficult on a manpower level. You know how it is with Disney though, you don't know until it's happening, and even then it can change.

I think that yes, they are going to have issues with the 5,000 person stadium, especially for the first several years, but I'm not crazy about the whole WDW stadium seating to begin with. The Fools like to stir the pot when it comes to Disney, but we're really all just going to have to wait and see.

I am leaning on the wait and see part of this... It's not a fireworks show so you are going to have to be close to see it. Not like you can find a spot in the park and look skyward! If it's crazy or next to impossible I will just have to wait until August to see it.

I've not seen where the queue might be, Maybe near Nemo????


I'm trying to wait patiently till Disney does a few of the soft openings to hear how it's running. I'm gonna try so damn hard to get a Fastpass though Wink

I'm trying for one on May 3rd, that's my DAK day.

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

I have heard that they are having several complications and now April 22nd might not be possible sad
Not sure how true it is. But I guess this news was from a CM.

__________________