Extinct Epcot: Kitchen Kabaret Revue

Continuing our tour through some of EPCOT Center's original, and now extinct, attractions, we now take a look back at Kitchen Kabaret Revue.

Opened in October 1982 along with the rest of the original attractions, Kitchen Kabaret Revue was housed in a theater in the Land pavilion in Future World West. Thirteen minutes long, the Kraft-sponsored audio-animatronics show showcased healthy eating and the four basic food groups: Meat, Dairy, Cereal, and Fruits/Vegetables with hostess Bonnie Appetit.

Kitchen Kabaret Revue remained open until January 1994, when Nestle began sponsorship of the Land pavilion. Because Kitchen Kabaret featured Kraft-branded characters and the outdated notion of the four food groups, as opposed to the more modern food pyramid, a new show debuted in Kitchen Kabaret's place called Food Rocks. Food Rocks remained for 10 years, until it closed in 2004 to make way for Soarin'.

See the entire Kitchen Kabaret Revue script at Walt Dated World.

See the entire show below:

Do you remember Kitchen Kabaret Revue or Food Rocks? Leave a comment below!

Mase wrote on Tue, 04/19/2011 - 12:26:

Mase's picture

Have to admit... this is one I dont really miss... lol

DonaldDork wrote on Tue, 04/19/2011 - 20:51:

DonaldDork's picture

Bonnie Appetite can now be seen on the Backstage Magic tour in the warehouse where
you see the animatronic demo!
I've never seen this attraction but I had a tape of WDW music and I am always humming.
"veggie fruitfruit veggieveggie fruitfruit"

worldfanatic wrote on Wed, 04/20/2011 - 02:27:

Wow! I forgot how creepy that was.
I'm glad they closed it before those animatronics came to life and started killing audience members.

DonaldDork wrote on Wed, 04/20/2011 - 02:43:

DonaldDork's picture

so I just watched it.. and ummm.. yeahhh enjoy Soarin'! lol

Kristen H wrote on Wed, 04/20/2011 - 15:29:

Kristen H's picture

DonaldDork -- very cool tidbit about the Backstage Magic tour. That tour is definitely on my to-do list.

Worldfanatic -- I agree. Definitely a creepiness factor with these AA figures.

Chris wrote on Thu, 09/15/2011 - 03:42:

I still have my Kitchen Kabaret placemat from when I saw this as a kid. And I know I had at least one of the stuffed toys.

Poppet wrote on Wed, 09/28/2011 - 20:13:

Another "Snore-Fest". I hated this when I was a kid. My Mother loved it........ugh! Not shedding a tear over this one's demise.