First Look At Art of Animation Resort's Unique Check-In

It looks like Disney's Art of Animation Resort will be handling the checking in of guests in an updated, re-thought way when it opens in May. Gone is the long desk staffed by multiple cast members and in is a more personal check-in experience.

The resort has installed a series of small tables to serve as a check-in point for guests. Guests will be greeted individually by cast members who will assist them in getting settled into the resort.

In addition, guests will find the lobby filled to the brim with, appropriately enough, animation art from Disney movies.

The Art of Animation Resort is also the first Walt Disney World resort to utilize RFID scanners and chips in the room keys. Guests heading to their room will simply lift their room key, complete with an RFID chip in it, up to the lock where it will be scanned.

Story & Photo Source

Mase wrote on Mon, 04/02/2012 - 12:52:

Mase's picture

Very very cool. Would love to stay here one day. I love how they are making the check in process more personal and more of a one to one. That is real nice.

Kristen K. wrote on Mon, 04/02/2012 - 15:19:

Oh my gosh, I totally speculated that Disney was moving this way and thought that it was a possibility in a Hospitality class I took a two years ago! So exciting to hear that they're putting the groundwork they've laid with technology and services into action at Art of Animation! I may have to stay here just to see if the check in experience is what I had envisioned.

Hedy @ WDW Not Just for Kids wrote on Mon, 04/02/2012 - 16:05:

I cannot wait to stay there!

DisneyDee27 wrote on Mon, 04/02/2012 - 21:04:

Im looking forward to staying at this resort in only 253 days! Woohooo

Marion Gagliano wrote on Mon, 04/02/2012 - 22:41:

Gotta go, gotta go! I would love to stay at AA resort.

Courtney.I wrote on Tue, 04/03/2012 - 10:55:

Wow, this is really awesome and I bet that guests here will love the more personalized feel. The colors do seem a little wild but it wouldn't be Walt Disney World if it were the same as everywhere else.

Disney is always coming up with some of the most unique private tables to add to their lineup of places to stay while guests are enjoying the parks.

jbarkee wrote on Thu, 04/05/2012 - 00:28:

I used this door lock system for the first time at the Anaheim Marriott a few months ago.
Very, very cool!!
And very convenient, especially when you've got your hands full with ice, food, beer, or anything else.