runDisney: There’s Something For Everyone
runDisney events are increasing in popularity every year. It is so great to see more people adopting a healthy lifestyle in order to participate in these events. Disney is doing a great job of diversifying their races to appeal to runners at all levels. From walkers, to moderate runners, to experienced marathoners, there is something for everyone.
All race weekends in Walt Disney World have a Family Fun Run 5K. This is a great starter race for those easing into running or walkers who are looking for a new Disney experience. Just because these races are a shorter distance doesn't mean that Disney skimps on the details. You still get the full race experience starting at the expo to pick up your race bib and commemorative t-shirt. You'll get fire
works at the start of the race, character photo ops throughout the course and of course a race medal at the finish.
Upcoming Family Fun Run 5Ks are:
- Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - September 29, 2012 (60% Full)
- Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K - November 10, 2012
- Disney Family Fun Run 5K - January 11, 2013
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Royal Family 5K - February 23, 2013
- Expedition Everest Challenge - May 4, 2013
Half marathons are generally the next step for those who are looking to push themselves a bit farther. Disney offers various half marathon options throughout the year in all different settings, so you can find the best one for you. The Wine & Dine Half Marathon is a night time race with a fun after party, the Walt Disney World Half Marathon brings out the serious runners, and the Princess Half Marathon is a whimsical race full of girl power. This year, runDisney introduced The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler which is another nighttime race, but at a more achievable distance for moderate runners.
Upcoming races are:
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler - September 29, 2012 (Sold Out)
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon - November 10, 2012 (Sold Out)
- Walt Disney World Half Marathon - January 12, 2013 (65% Full)
- Disney's Princess Half Marathon - February 24, 2013
For experienced runners
And then there are the elite runners, there is something for you too. Not only is there a full marathon, but Disney also offers the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge that incorporates both the full and half marathons during Marathon Weekend in January. These events are even more popular during Marathon Weekend than the half marathon. The Goofy is almost sold out...that's just goofy!
Upcoming races are:
- Walt Disney World Marathon - January 13, 2013 (75% Full)
- Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge - January 12 & 13, 2013 (87% Full)
As you can, there is a race out there for everyone. They even have kids races on all of the race weekends so you can make it a family affair. So which race is in your future? Leave a comment and let us know! There are no excuses because there is a race for everyone!