crazycatperson pre-trip reports - September 2014 (done), November 2014 (done), and February 2015

Login to post comments
113 posts / 0 new
crazycatperson's picture

jhugo wrote:
Crazycatperson our schedule is as follows. Arrive the 5th DTD, Sat 6th MK, Sun 7th Epcot, Mon 8th AK, Tues 9th Epcot, and Wed we go home. We are not park hopping this trip because we needed to cut back on a few things. We couldn't give up on staying at WL. I would love to meet up if we could swing it. Would love to meet some of the amazing people from the forum.

Looks like our schedules will overlap Monday at Animal Kingdom and Tuesday at Epcot, so I'm sure we can figure something out.

amy1989's picture

CCP don't know if this helps but I noticed on easywdw there was a link to Disney's official operating hours for November???? don't know if this would help?????

jhugo's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
jhugo wrote:
Crazycatperson our schedule is as follows. Arrive the 5th DTD, Sat 6th MK, Sun 7th Epcot, Mon 8th AK, Tues 9th Epcot, and Wed we go home. We are not park hopping this trip because we needed to cut back on a few things. We couldn't give up on staying at WL. I would love to meet up if we could swing it. Would love to meet some of the amazing people from the forum.

Looks like our schedules will overlap Monday at Animal Kingdom and Tuesday at Epcot, so I'm sure we can figure something out.

Yeah!!! We will have to make plans as the trip gets closer. Can't wait to meet another animal lover and Disney lover.

crazycatperson's picture

amy1989 wrote:
CCP don't know if this helps but I noticed on easywdw there was a link to Disney's official operating hours for November???? don't know if this would help?????

Yes, definitely helpful. Thanks.

JanJ's picture

Congrats CCP! We will be heading home as you guys are arriving in September. We did enjoy the very low crowds last year, so have decided to brave the heat again. It's definitely a good idea to build in some down time in the afternoon as that is also when the rain clouds go thru. The nice thing is that you will only need shorts and T's and a very light sweater, so less to pack!

taratru's picture

We'll be overlapping a little bit in November! I can't believe how quickly the 180 mark is coming up...I need to get on that!

This is the free trip that my friend won for the Wine and Dine half, so I wonder how I can track down our reservation number.

crazycatperson's picture

taratru, if your friend calls Disney they can probably provide the reservation number, and if not forward or refer you to whoever can.

Eeyore's picture

taratru wrote:
We'll be overlapping a little bit in November! I can't believe how quickly the 180 mark is coming up...I need to get on that!

This is the free trip that my friend won for the Wine and Dine half, so I wonder how I can track down our reservation number.

I must have missed your explanation on this trip! Did she win a trip for coming in 1st at the marathon?

milliehubbard's picture

It will be a long wait but we just made reservations for a week at Fort Wilderness for Easter 2015. We tried for both Thanksgiving and Christmas 2014 but the campsites are completely booked for both holidays. I'd like to camp there for Halloween sometime but our schedules just don't work for a WDW trip in October.

Resorts

2017 AKL-Jambo House (May)
2017 Old Key West (Apr)
2016 Port Orleans Riverside (Oct)-Hurricane Matthew!!
2016 Old Key West (Aug)
2016 CBR (Jul)
2016 Art of Animation (May)
2015 Ft. Wilderness Campground (Oct)
2014 Sherwood Forest RV Park (Nov)
2013 Pop Century (Jul)
2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul)
2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug)
2010 Pop Century (Nov)
2009 PO Riverside (Jul)
2008 Pop Century (Apr)
2006-2007 FL residents: Hunters Creek 8 miles from the parks!!
2005 All Star Sports (Jul)
2005 PO Riverside/CBR/CSR (Apr)
mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

crazycatperson's picture

milliehubbard wrote:
It will be a long wait but we just made reservations for a week at Fort Wilderness for Easter 2015. We tried for both Thanksgiving and Christmas 2014 but the campsites are completely booked for both holidays. I'd like to camp there for Halloween sometime but our schedules just don't work for a WDW trip in October.

Cabin? Or are you actually camping, and if so, trailer/motorhome/pop-up/tent?

milliehubbard's picture

Camping, we just became the proud owners of a Little Guy My Pod. A fiberglass mini-teardrop. No kitchen, but we have all the camping gear since we're moving up from tent camping. It will be nice to be able to pull into a site after dark or late and just crawl in the back and go to sleep yay we can leave the site setup until morning when it's light out. We have a screenroom for our "living-room" for longer trips, but if we just need a quick place to sleep we're all set!

Resorts

2017 AKL-Jambo House (May)
2017 Old Key West (Apr)
2016 Port Orleans Riverside (Oct)-Hurricane Matthew!!
2016 Old Key West (Aug)
2016 CBR (Jul)
2016 Art of Animation (May)
2015 Ft. Wilderness Campground (Oct)
2014 Sherwood Forest RV Park (Nov)
2013 Pop Century (Jul)
2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul)
2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug)
2010 Pop Century (Nov)
2009 PO Riverside (Jul)
2008 Pop Century (Apr)
2006-2007 FL residents: Hunters Creek 8 miles from the parks!!
2005 All Star Sports (Jul)
2005 PO Riverside/CBR/CSR (Apr)
mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

crazycatperson's picture

It's online check-in and FastPass+ day for our September trip!

Did the online check-in, made a bunch of FP+ reservations, and then had to cancel California Grill because there was no way I could do that and meet Anna and Elsa, which was more important to me. But I substituted Coral Reef, and while the food might not be quite as amazing, eating inside a fish tank will be seriously cool.

I might still tinker with the FP+ reservations, especially after I run them past hubby, but once we've got them nailed down I will post details.

crazycatperson's picture

MICKEY MAIL has arrived for the September trip! yay It won't be long now!

Spook's picture

stars stars stars

MrHub's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
MICKEY MAIL has arrived for the September trip! yay It won't be long now!

clapping Woo yay clapping Hoo yay

Magic Mirror's picture

!! YES !! Mickey pillowfight Mail !!

Kristen K.'s picture

Hoorah for Mickey Mail!

amy1989's picture

yay yay yay yay yay for Mickey mail!!!!!

crazycatperson's picture

Since we're almost a month away, I might as well detail what I hope will be our final schedule for our September trip.

Saturday - arrive via ME, check into Saratoga Springs, and assuming there were no flight delays, evening at Epcot with dinner at a World Showcase counter service restaurant (whatever tickles our fancy at the moment). FastPass+ for Figment, Maelstrom, and Illuminations - although if the crowds are as small as predicted I might cancel Illuminations and hope to find a better spot than the FP+ area provides.

Sunday - Magic Kingdom. Morning FP+ at Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. Lunch ADR at Kona Cafe (first time there for us). Afternoon back at the hotel or in the pool, unless the weather is freakishly cool for September in Florida - this is our plan for the whole week, mornings and evenings in parks, afternoons indoors or in the water. Back to MK for the evening, with FP+ for the Electrical Parade and hope that spot gives us a good view of Wishes. Counter service for dinner, whatever suits us at the time.

Monday - Animal Kingdom. FP+ for Festival of the Lion King, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Finding Nemo (and we'll have to rush to cram all three into the morning). Lunch will be counter service, and something light because we have an early dinner at the Turf Club that evening, our first time trying that restaurant, but since we're staying at Saratoga Springs we figured this would be the best time to try it. Then it's DHS for EEMH and hoping we can get into Fantasmic without FP+ or waiting in a long line.

Tuesday - Epcot for MEMH. FP+ for Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and the character meet and greets. Hoping to get into Spice Road Table for lunch. If the weather cooperates (as in, no severe weather or hurricanes), this will be our evening for MNSSHP. We're going to wait until we arrive in Florida and have a clue as to the weather forecast before we purchase tickets, but this day in particular should have low crowds so it's not likely tickets will be sold out in advance. Friday will be our back-up day if Tuesday's weather is nasty. And dinner will be counter-service.

Wednesday - DHS. FP+ will be for Tower of Terror (with hubby riding on both his and my FP+), Muppets (only because we couldn't get both TSM and GMR, we know you don't really need FP for the Muppets), and Toy Story Mania!!! Lunch will be counter service, but since there aren't many great CS places at DHS we might run to Earl of Sandwich for lunch. Dinner will be at Akershus, our first time there, and the evening will be at Epcot for EEMH.

Thursday - MK for MEMH. FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight, Splash Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear. (This was the day we had Anna and Elsa FP+, but hubby wasn't thrilled and I finally decided to release that FP in the hopes that it would make a little girl very happy. If I regret it, we've still got our November and February trips ahead of us.) Lunch will be those lovely waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow, since you can only get them during the day. Dinner is an ADR at The Wave (our first time) followed by a return to MK.

Friday - Epcot. FP+ for Turtle Talk with Crush, The Seas with Nemo, and Test Track. Lunch is an ADR at Coral Reef (our first time there). The evening will see us back at Epcot or at MNSSHP if Tuesday didn't work out.

Saturday - check out day. I'd put a frowny face here, but it'll be hard to feel too bad since we'll be back in November. We're planning a final morning at DHS with FP+ at Star Tours (just for hubby), Toy Story Mania, and Tower of Terror (again just for hubby - dang, maybe I should schedule a FP or two just for myself). Then it's back to Saratoga Springs to catch the ME.

Some of the morning plans could be canceled in favor of either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, if it's really hot or if we just feel like it.

And just yesterday I realized we didn't get Seven Dwarf Mine Train FP+! I meant to, don't know how I missed it - maybe they were all gone by the time I made our reservation. Oh, well, there's always November.

Magic Mirror's picture

whoopdedoo Sheesh! DH is raking in all the Fast Passes!

wink Looks Great!

jhugo's picture

Looks like it is going to be an amazing trip. Glad to know someone else who doesn't like Tower of terror.

Allie's picture

Sounds awesome! And yay for Mickey Mail!! mickey

crazycatperson's picture

It's motion sickness. I can't do Tower of Terror, Star Tours, or any ride that involves fast, erratic motion. Another problem is the Great Movie Ride's being a Tier One attraction. I'd happily ride it instead of getting myself a FP for Tower of Terror or Star Tours that hubby will use for me, but no way I'm choosing GMR over TSM.

I canceled my Star Tours FP, thinking I could replace it with something else while hubby rides Star Tours, but the WDW website won't let me add something else unless I cancel ALL my FPs for the day. And no way I'm giving up Toy Story Mania. Maybe I'll be able to add something at the in-park kiosks that day. Or maybe I'll just walk onto something, since crowds are low in September.

DisneyDee27's picture

Yay!!

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

JoAnn C's picture

Yay for Mickey mail!!

crazycatperson's picture

It's packing day! And with that done, all that's left for me to do is some last-minute cleaning and setting stuff up for the cats.

We've made a couple of last-minute changes to the agenda - switched from Epcot to DHS on arrival day so we can check out some of the Frozen stuff. And we got a BOG FP for Tuesday, so we'll monorail over after a morning at Epcot and hope to squeeze Spice Road Table in some other day.

And look who packed herself...

PreviewAttachmentSize
photo09051008.jpg
photo09051008.jpg188.98 KB
Kristen K.'s picture

Yay packing day biggrin I love packing day.

RobynPrincess's picture

Awwww such a pretty kitty Laughing out loud

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

JanJ's picture

Yes, beautiful kitty!

Have a great flight and enjoy your trip. The crowds have been low this week so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

crazycatperson's picture

JanJ wrote:
Yes, beautiful kitty!

Have a great flight and enjoy your trip. The crowds have been low this week so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Thanks. I know I won't appreciate the heat, but I love the small crowds I saw in your photos.