The insanely Early Pre-Trip Report

Login to post comments
64 posts / 0 new
Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710
The insanely Early Pre-Trip Report

Howdy folks,
Now some of you might think that i a little banana's banana for doing this now but it is something i can do in respect to my holiday and helps stave off the disney depression.
Now if you have been following the fantastic Mr Hub's who's going in 2015 then you know we(the Ferrets) are going to WDW from the 4-18th of May.
Our touring style is pretty open and we don't make a lot of dining reservations so it is going to be interesting as to how to work the new magic bands around that.From what people on here have said after returning from the world it looks like it wont impact us too badly.
Our provisinal schedule looks something like this ;

May 3rd depart our small island for Gatwick and overnight at the Hilton there.

May 4th Depart the UK and skip over the pond to arrive early to mid afternoon.
collect our hire car and hotfoot it down to POR (a change from our fave CS)
After checking in we will probably head down to the nearest publix/Wallmart for a few in room provisions
Time (and energy) permitting it will be a ferry trip to DD for something to eat (EOS)

May 5th Magic Kingdom.(Hopefully Wishes desert party)

May 6th Epcot

May 7th MGM Studios

May 8th Animal Kingdom

May 9th Universal Orlando

May 10th Shopping and possibly DD or EPCOT late for food

May 11th Islands Of Adventure

May 12th Seaworld

May 13-15 whatever Disney park takes our fancy that day

May 16th hopefully crossfingers this will be a SWW so it will be back to MGM

May 17th Magic Kingdom (hopefully like last time it will be EEMH)

May 18th Checkout of the hotel and use VA check in at DD then head on over to EPCOT for the last few hours before we have to return the hire car.Then take an overnight flight back to the UK

May 19th Arrive at Gatwick and catch our connecting flight back to Guernsey

May 20th Start planning the next trip wink

I know this is pretty vague and may well change as park hours and events come up but for now this is our rough trip.

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Good Morning Islander..It's the Highlander here...Very interesting pre trip...( Just a quickie,it's not MGM its DHS laugh ) So your off to my favourite resort are you ( up till now that is ) I love the Mansion buildings and stayed there 3 times..Twice at Parterre Place and once at Magnolia, I take it you already know that Oak Manor and PP are now royal rooms..Have you made a request for Alligator Bayou or Mansion section?..I reckon you will love it, yes it is a large resort,walking wise,but since you and your good lady are young pups,I can't see that being a problem..The food court is awesome,Id recommend the " Create your own Pasta " ( enough for two ) and of course the bakery sells the MCB eek ...Love the boat ride down the old Sassagoula river to downtown..Anyway you have plenty of time to tweak your plans..Just one thing..I've done Seaworld twice,and I'd reckon it's a half day..I would do early morning Seaworld and afternoon lunch and shopping at one of the malls,just my tuppence worth.. awesome

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

The Watchmaker wrote:
Good Morning Islander..It's the Highlander here...Very interesting pre trip...( Just a quickie,it's not MGM its DHS laugh ) So your off to my favourite resort are you ( up till now that is ) I love the Mansion buildings and stayed there 3 times..Twice at Parterre Place and once at Magnolia, I take it you already know that Oak Manor and PP are now royal rooms..Have you made a request for Alligator Bayou or Mansion section?..I reckon you will love it, yes it is a large resort,walking wise,but since you and your good lady are young pups,I can't see that being a problem..The food court is awesome,Id recommend the " Create your own Pasta " ( enough for two ) and of course the bakery sells the MCB eek ...Love the boat ride down the old Sassagoula river to downtown..Anyway you have plenty of time to tweak your plans..Just one thing..I've done Seaworld twice,and I'd reckon it's a half day..I would do early morning Seaworld and afternoon lunch and shopping at one of the malls,just my tuppence worth.. awesome

It will always be MGM in my mind wink
Seaworld is totally a full day park for us so many rides and shows to do plus it makes a nice relaxing change of pace.Plus i don't think just an afternoon shopping is going to cut it with Mrs Ferret

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Mrferret wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
Good Morning Islander..It's the Highlander here...Very interesting pre trip...( Just a quickie,it's not MGM its DHS laugh ) So your off to my favourite resort are you ( up till now that is ) I love the Mansion buildings and stayed there 3 times..Twice at Parterre Place and once at Magnolia, I take it you already know that Oak Manor and PP are now royal rooms..Have you made a request for Alligator Bayou or Mansion section?..I reckon you will love it, yes it is a large resort,walking wise,but since you and your good lady are young pups,I can't see that being a problem..The food court is awesome,Id recommend the " Create your own Pasta " ( enough for two ) and of course the bakery sells the MCB eek ...Love the boat ride down the old Sassagoula river to downtown..Anyway you have plenty of time to tweak your plans..Just one thing..I've done Seaworld twice,and I'd reckon it's a half day..I would do early morning Seaworld and afternoon lunch and shopping at one of the malls,just my tuppence worth.. awesome

It will always be MGM in my mind wink
Seaworld is totally a full day park for us so many rides and shows to do plus it makes a nice relaxing change of pace.Plus i don't think just an afternoon shopping is going to cut it with Mrs Ferret

True..I forgot your roller coaster junkies..LOL..Love Shamu..Great show..Bet you both sit in the wet area...As far as shopping goes..If I don't need it,I don't want it..My other half was in heaven the last time we were in a mall..She spent three hours looking for a ballgown for an upcoming wedding.. sad

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

Sounds great, Mrferret! The 16th was the first Star Wars weekend last year, so fingers crossed for you!!

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

Not crazy at all! Planning for my December 2015 trip is already in full swing!

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3718

It's NEVER too early to start planning a Disney vacation.

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2786

My October trip isn't even here yet and I'm already planning September 2015 laugh
Your plans sound great so far. We stayed in Alligator Bayou in 2012 and loved it. Beautiful resort! I love the boat to DTD as well.

designedbydisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2013
Posts: 591

It will always be MGM in his house, I'm even going to raise my kids to call it that.

These plans seem great and it will be 180 days in no time

Brinbunny's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/23/2014
Posts: 645

I'm planning for the cruise - including looking into outfits already wink even started purchasing my fish extender gifts this week.

Never too early for a plan - which looks great biggrin awesome biggrin

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3849

It will always be MGM in my mind wink

Speaking of, look what I came across the other day.

Sounds like a great, loose, go with the flow kinda trip!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

93boomer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/16/2013
Posts: 902

Sounds like a fun trip!! I need to be like you and get started on my pre-trip too!
Agree with JMed-we always say MGM. Lol

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

I agree, it's never to early to start planning.

__________________

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2994

clapping Plan Away clapping
You are in good company!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

We always have a plan in the works. Never to early. We just booked our January trip with the Disney Visa Discount, Woo hoo! Polynesian Village we are coming home!!!!!!.

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2940

You know I was thinking, with DVC you have to make reservations 11 months in advance to make sure you get your home resort. You have to make ADRs six months in advance and FP+s two months in advance. I think we should get the park hours six months in advance from Disney so we can make a more informed plan. And while they are at it, give us the weather two months in advance, so I won't be at Typhoon Lagoon the only rainy day of the week. I'm pretty sure Disney controls the weather anyway.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

MrHub wrote:
We always have a plan in the works. Never to early. We just booked our January trip with the Disney Visa Discount, Woo hoo! Polynesian Village we are coming home!!!!!!.

Yay for a MrHub and Scrappy trip report! clapping

The Colonel wrote:
You know I was thinking, with DVC you have to make reservations 11 months in advance to make sure you get your home resort. You have to make ADRs six months in advance and FP+s two months in advance. I think we should get the park hours six months in advance from Disney so we can make a more informed plan. And while they are at it, give us the weather two months in advance, so I won't be at Typhoon Lagoon the only rainy day of the week. I'm pretty sure Disney controls the weather anyway.

Yeah Disney, get on that weather thing! awesome

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Well after getting the opening hours for May we may have to revise our plans a bit,
Wishes Desert party on a Saturday (for the EME),
hopefully a MTM tour in the second week ,
And a first day at the parks not at MK eek eek eek

More to follow

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

RobynPrincess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2010
Posts: 2859

Ahh the park hours are out! That means it's getting closer Laughing out loud

__________________

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Well we have only gone and pre-booked something eek eek eek
The Marceline to Magic tour on the 13th is all booked and we can't wait for it.
Tried to book the tomorrowland terrace party but it wasn't available yet waiting so will be keeping a keen eye out for that to come up .

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2994

is the 13th a Friday? How perfect that would be at the Haunted Mansion!!

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Magic Mirror wrote:
is the 13th a Friday? How perfect that would be at the Haunted Mansion!!

Unfortunatly it is a wednesday Sad .We did get married on a Friday the 13th however biggrin

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2994

Awesome! date

Mousedreaming's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/11/2014
Posts: 367

Mrferret wrote:
Well we have only gone and pre-booked something eek eek eek
The Marceline to Magic tour on the 13th is all booked and we can't wait for it.
Tried to book the tomorrowland terrace party but it wasn't available yet waiting so will be keeping a keen eye out for that to come up .

You pre-booked something? How can I be sure you are the real Mr Ferret, and not an imposter?

__________________

*Proud Disney Nut*

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2940

Pre-booked it means, you booked it before you booked it? wink

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Mousedreaming wrote:
Mrferret wrote:
Well we have only gone and pre-booked something eek eek eek
The Marceline to Magic tour on the 13th is all booked and we can't wait for it.
Tried to book the tomorrowland terrace party but it wasn't available yet waiting so will be keeping a keen eye out for that to come up .

You pre-booked something? How can I be sure you are the real Mr Ferret, and not an imposter?

Ahhh but I haven't booked a meal ...

@Mr The Colonel ... I can neither confirm nor deny that rumour

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

93boomer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/16/2013
Posts: 902

Sounds good Mr Ferret!! I can't believe this year is flying by this quick! You guys will be there before you know it.
Wow you got married on Friday the 13th!! That is better than my DD and her new DH that got married on Halloween!!

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Just a little update,
The dates for SWW have been announced and we ARE THERE for the first one yeah banana banana yeah

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

Hoorah! That's awesome yay

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Well it's all official ...

Just payed the balance today including the connecting flights to and from the UK

yay yay yay banana banana banana yay yay yay

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

Whoo hooo! Pay off day!