195 posts / 0 new
WDWfanatic's picture

Sally-Ann wrote:
hope you get through Atlanta safe and quick

laugh Quick?? That's just plain funny!!!!! biggrin

But really, yes, safety is a must. wink

Tammi

taratru's picture

Can't wait for more updates! You guys are going to have SUCH a good week!

WDWfanatic wrote:
Sally-Ann wrote:

I was being sardonic! Nothing ever goes quick through Atlanta whether it is road or air! Maybe they will get lucky!

SpamGoddess's picture

Sally-Ann wrote:
WDWfanatic wrote:
Sally-Ann wrote:

I was being sardonic! Nothing ever goes quick through Atlanta whether it is road or air! Maybe they will get lucky!

I doubt it, being Friday and all!! I know last weekend was full of construction work too, but hopefully they'll have a relatively easy time getting through tonight. crossfingers

Hope your health holds up through the traveling today, Kristen!

I can sympathize with you Kristen regarding lack of sleep. It usually takes me 2 days before I can really sleep. Take care and I hope that the rest of the trip goes as smooth as the beginning.

WDWfanatic's picture

SpamGoddess wrote:
Sally-Ann wrote:
WDWfanatic wrote:
Sally-Ann wrote:

I doubt it, being Friday and all!! I know last weekend was full of construction work too, but hopefully they'll have a relatively easy time getting through tonight. crossfingers

Hope your health holds up through the traveling today, Kristen!

I am about 60 miles North of the Atlanta airport and it has been raining here for a while now. I hope that the rain does not pose a problem South of here, closer to, in and South of Atlanta, with rush hour.

Tammi

Kristen K.'s picture

Greetings from Valdosta, GA!

It's been a VERY long day of about 14 hours on the road (we got to the hotel at 9:30pm). We hit Atlanta right around 5PM and sat in the slow moving 6 lane parking lot in the rain. I have absolutely been in worse, at least it kept moving. We did however see 4 accidents in about 30 minutes, all of which we had barely missed. My daughter saw Magnolia Trees in bloom and was really excited.

Physically I've held up pretty well, I'm surprised and happy about that. I drove from Southern Illinois down to Southern Tennessee, and my husband drove the rest of the way. I'm pretty tired though.

Mentally, the last four hours I've been cranky. Then we stopped for gas and ice cream at the most disgusting place ever... eeeeew I felt like I needed a bath in purelle. Then the credit card company called because shopping there set off the fraud alert! OMG. As far as I know I can still use my card, but I haven't tried yet. Then we drove into a MAJOR thunderstorm and the van roof started leaking!! Not a little leak either, it was seriously raining inside the car. All I can say is that it's a good thing we weren't broken down on the side of the road because I have yet to get through to enterprise about the issue. My husband took at look at the van when we pulled over and we think he fixed it, none the less, I want them to switch out the van.

ACK!! That's it I couldn't make it another hour to Lake City, FL so we stopped here and have a nice room at a Drury Inn and Suites. If you're ever staying in Valdosta this place seems nice. Super clean and the beds are much more comfy than the Comfort Suites last night. Also, they gave me a AAA discount.

This has been such an adventure!! Everyone is in good spirits though and we're looking forward to heading into Florida! We've got about 3 hours left to get to Disney and I hope to knock that out before 11am tomorrow.

Becks and her family, and her sister's family, spent the day at Blizzard Beach and then had dinner at Sizzler. Disney left them some special pixie dust in the room.

Oh geez!!!! Well, keep the positive approach of this being a grand adventure! yay

We've had that happen before when we start use a credit card outside our normal area. Usually after they confirm we're actually who we are we have no problem continuing to use the card.

OMG you are within striking distance of WDW now!!! Tomorrow will be so much fun!

DisneyDee27's picture

awesome muchlove yay clapping biggrin

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

yay safe and speedy travels, nearly there.

Kris1971's picture

Almost there! yay yay

Vettelover's picture

Thanks for the update Kristen, Sorry about the leaky roof but it only does it when it's raining Smile Enterprise is the rental co. I usually use and they are very good on making things right. I have been to Valdosta a few times and it is just a hop,skip and a jump from the FL. border.

Becks534's picture

Good morning one and all!

Whew! It's been quite a crazy, busy but very fun couple of days and the wedding festivities are just starting to get underway. Like Kristen said, we arrived in the middle of TS Andrea drenching the Orlando area. Not a super fun way to start our trip but even Disney can't control the weather. It did give me some stressful moments when I let my worries get the best of me but we started to see some big weather improvements in the afternoon. By the time my sister and her family arrived, we were down to some light drizzle off and on. We did indeed see a little bit of a rainbow breaking through the clouds while waiting for dinner at DTD but alas - no one was able to get a nice shot of it.

We had dinner at Raglan Road and it was the best meal I've had there so far! Our party had a pretty traditional mix of dishes - bangers n' mash, shepherd's pie, a beef curry pie (Carlos got this, we both loved it! If you're looking for something with some kick, give it a try. ) fish n' chips, etc. After dinner, my nephew Jake got a kid's dessert of ice cream and butterscotch sauce. OMG - the sauce was to die for. Raglan Road is a great choice for a big group, especially one with kids. Great energy, live music, dancers - so much fun! After dinner, we headed back up the Sassagoula and called it a night.

We were up bright and early the next morning; the weather was beautiful! See ya, Andrea! There was some shopping to do and tickets to sort out and we headed off to Blizzard Beach at about 11:00 am. I've never been to a Disney water park but needless to say, we had a fantastic time. Highlights of our day - all three kids braved Summit Plummet, my sister and I (foolishly) doing the Slush Gusher, (I caught air, wasn't expecting that) and Teamboat Springs. We laughed our heads off all the way down the run. So much fun! awesome I lost my sunglasses going down a slide right after we got there and couldn't find them in the pool at the bottom of the slide. Oh well, kind of a bummer but it happens. The life guard told me to check with Lost N' Found at the end of the day and sure enough, someone had fished them out! Woot for Disney magic! We stayed till park closing and headed back to POFQ. Dinner was an off site buffet, nothing fancy but for 10 extremely hungry people it was a good call. This turned out to be an extremely late night for Carlos and me. His brother couldn't fly in until last night due to work issues and didn't have Magical Express set up. He was originally planning on just taking a cab to his resort but his flights were delayed several times so we headed to the airport to pick him up. Ultimately, we didn't make it back to POFQ till 1:00 am. Right to bed after that!

This is going to be one of my busiest days. My grandmother and mother are arriving today and I'm picking up my gran at 11:00. My mom gets in about 5:00 pm. Kristen and family should be here most likely by noon and we have tux fittings and dress pressing at 3:00 pm. eek One thing at a time....

Time to get moving! Have a wonderful day WDWFG family!

Kris1971's picture

So excited for you Becks! Enjoy it all!

Kristen safe travels you're almost there. yay clapping
Becks so glad that TS Andrea moved on up the road and now you have clear sailing for Monday. Best wishes and can't wait to see pics of your beautiful day. muchlove

Kristen K.'s picture

Sorry that I haven't had time to update more, but with the wedding events and trying to get some park time in it's been CRAZY busy!! I will do a more detailed report when I get back.

My son Kirk has been wearing his graduation "ears" and getting lots of attention, so he decided to pay it forward and he's making sure to talk to everyone with a button, birthday, or wedding celebration that's obvious to see. mickey He's actually started asking me about the college program, which I'm delighted about.

TODAY IS WEDDING DAY!!

Becks and her sister should be at our Villa in just a couple of minutes, then hair & make-up arrives, breakfast is being delivered from EOS, then the floral and photographer gets here. It's a whirlwind morning but a very good one. I'm super excited!

Vettelover's picture

Here's wishing You and Becks and everyone else a perfect and happy day. Have FUN!!

Kris1971's picture

Can't wait to hear all about the wedding and your trip!! Have fun today! Give my best to Becks!

MrHub's picture

congrats stars Party hard and have fun. Wishing you all the best!

Karlipants's picture

Happy Wedding Day to Becks!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away"

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/karli-and-marks-honeymoon-pre-trip-report

http://www.facebook.com/KarliInWonderland - My Disney Facebook page with live updates while i'm in the parks!

Allie's picture

Happy wedding day, Becks! yay

I am sure everything went off without a hitch. Best wishes Becks and congrats

SpamGoddess's picture

WDWfanatic wrote:

I am about 60 miles North of the Atlanta airport and it has been raining here for a while now. I hope that the rain does not pose a problem South of here, closer to, in and South of Atlanta, with rush hour.

Oh, hi! I'm about fifteen minutes southeast of the airport!! Small world! biggrin

Hope everyone is having a fantastic time!!! Congratulations on the wedding, Becks!! clapping

RobynPrincess's picture

I'm so excited to hear how today went, been thinking about you all!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

KrystalT's picture

Hoping the day has been fabulous stars can't wait to hear about it and see some pictures!

Coronado Springs 2000
Art of Animation-Cars 2013
PORS AND POFQ 2014
PORS 2015

JoAnn C's picture

Can't wait to hear about the wedding and your trip.

Kristen K.'s picture

This trip has been *so* crazy guys, I'm sorry that there hasn't been more time for updates. Here are a couple of pictures from the wedding! There will be updates after Becks and I are both home, I promise!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Kristen K.'s picture

That last picture there on the monorail... that's my family. With the exception of one person who couldn't make it those right there, those are the folks that I love most on this big lonely planet. muchlove

scorpio301's picture

Everyone looks fantastic !! Love your gown !! You look so HAPPY !! muchlove CONGRATULATIONS !!! congrats

WDWfanatic's picture

Fun! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Tammi