kywildcatchick's picture

Thinking magical thoughts for you!! Hoping this all works out muchlove

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Kristen K.'s picture

MrHub wrote:
Spook wrote:
Have you heard anything yet Kristen?

I was about to ask the same question.

Well - it's been crazy! With a lot of research I was able to answer some of the legal questions needed to determine if indeed I was able to fill out the claim forms and I was. I ordered copies of the death certificates, had a bunch of stuff notarized, and sent the full package in just this past Saturday (8/30). The post office said that it should arrive tomorrow (9/2). The insurance company said that after they have all of the documents that it should take 2-4 week for me to get a check. I still don't know what the benefit is because they have to see the death certificates before they can say that I am officially the heir. I'm going to give them a call on Friday and see if they will tell me what the benefit is.

Getting my Daddy's death certificate in the mail hit me pretty hard. I was embarrassed because it was like reliving his death all over. The death certificate didn't list the cause that I was expecting it to and there was a lot of crying.

So - still waiting, but progress has been made. Hopefully Friday I will have some good news!

RobynPrincess's picture

There's no reason to feel embarrassed about that Kristen Sad I think I would do the exact same thing. I hope you are a little better now. I really hope that the check is enough for you to make this trip happen!!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Spook's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
There's no reason to feel embarrassed about that Kristen Sad I think I would do the exact same thing. I hope you are a little better now. I really hope that the check is enough for you to make this trip happen!!

I agree with Robyn, no need to be embarrassed! Nobody really gets over a loved ones death. Plus, with the added shock/surprise of the cause not being what you expected, that would send me for a loop for sure sad
I hope you're feeling better now though and that by the end of the week you'll be officially planning your trip crossfingers

Magic Mirror's picture

Hang in there! We are all thinking of you....

Here is a bighug

And some stars pixie dust for answers to your questions

Kristen K.'s picture

banana banana banana banana
We have a pulse!!

Oh my gosh. So, I talked with the insurance company today and like I thought - this is a very modest amount of money. BUT! I think I'm going to be able to squeeze out enough for our cruise and three nights at WDW before! It's going to be tight, but I'm going to play around with the numbers today and figure out how I can make this work.

My family is also insisting that I finally buy myself a DSLR camera so I need to work the budget in a way that I can have the camera I want and still get down to Disney to use it. So - a 3 night work trip followed by a 4 night cruise!

yeah yeah yeah yeah

I've got to call DVC today because it looks like I'm going to have trouble getting a hotel room. The dates that we're supposed to be going don't have much availability when I look at it online. I may end up booking with us hotel hopping every night and waitlisting for a full stay someplace. That will be an adventure but I'm trying to look at is as just an opportunity to photograph more resorts for the blog.

Oh my gosh! It's really going to happen stars

Kris1971's picture

Yay, Kristen!!! That's awesome! Definitely give Disney a call about the room. I tried to book my two night work trip on line and there were no moderate or value resort rooms showing as available at all for my dates. I called, and low and behold, the agent was able to get me a garden view room for two nights at POR.

Spook's picture

stars stars stars stars that's awesome Kristen! yay yay yay

AnnielovesDisney's picture

That's wonderful yay yeah stars

finngirl's picture

yay yay yay yay yay

I'm sure you will figure out a way to make it all work. This is going to be a great trip!

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

MrHub's picture

Congrats Kristen!

crazycatperson's picture

Awesome!

Brinbunny's picture

That's fab news awesome

Hotel hopping sounds fun if you don't get to get a full stay. Have you stayed everywhere so far? If not it may be a good chance to tick off some new places mickey

And I look forward to seeing some awesome pics with your new camera clapping

alicemouse's picture

That's so exciting, Kristen!! I'm over the moon for you! stars stars stars

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Kristen K.'s picture

So - obviously this trip is being called the Pennies From Heaven Trip.

Who: Kristen (old enough) & DD Tori (age 21)

What: 7 Night Land/Sea Vacation

Where: WDW Disney's Animal Kingdom Kidani Village / Disney Dream Deluxe Inside Stateroom (10A)

We've got a room! yay Member Services was able to get us a 1 bdr villa at Kidani for our first night, then we move to a studio also at Kidani for the second two nights. As far as moves go this one will take pretty minimal effort. The first night we have a savanna view, the studio though will have a standard view. Neither Tori or I really cared what sort of view we had this time and I wanted to try to save points. I had to borrow from my 2015 use year as it is.

When: February 20th through 27th, 2015

Flights: I'm not going to put too much effort into this for another 2 weeks. I'll wait until I get the final check so I know what I have to work with. Right now I think we're going to end up on Southwest out of Milwaukee unless I can get an amazing price on United out of O'hare.

Food Plan: At the moment we're looking at cheap breakfasts in room and only counter service dining while at WDW. That will help us keep the costs down at WDW. We'll also be sticking to the standard rotational dining while onboard the ship to help keep costs down.

Touring: I think that we'll do a monorail crawl or the Boardwalk on our first night, a park day on our second day, and pool/DTD on the third day. That should (I hope) give me lots of new material to shoot and share without stressing our budget too much. We'll probably walk around downtown Nassau a little bit just so my daughter can say she's been, but Nassau doesn't impress me and I'd be perfectly fine staying onboard rather than going ashore. I don't think we'll spend anything on shore excursions.

clapping clapping Congrats Kristen yay yay

Great news Kristen! Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. mickey

RobynPrincess's picture

Ahhhhh your plans sound wonderful!! So pleased you can make the trip happen!!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

JanJ's picture

Yay Kristen! That is amazing news! Glad you could make it all work. mickey clapping yay

I am so glad everything worked out for you.

clapping Glad it all worked out for you.
Sounds like a great trip

Magic Mirror's picture

stars stars stars stars

Whoooo Hooooooooooooooooo!

JMed's picture

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

awesome!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Glad it's working out for you

disneydoc's picture

Very happy for you guys! yay

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub's picture

Sounds like a wonderful plan Kristen! awesome

JoAnn C's picture

yay yay

great news

alicemouse's picture

Sounds wonderful, Kristen!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JMed's picture

stars stars stars

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

amy1989's picture

Congrats!!! So pleased this worked out for you!!!