Kristen K's Pennies From Heaven! February 2015

Login to post comments
230 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture

I can get onto the BOG website now and get through the process all the way up to picking a day, then I get a message that I've been disconnected. I'm still pretty far out, so I'll just keep trying.

Spook's picture

I never got the email. I just kept checking the site and finally a day opened up. I was about 25 days out when I finally got in mickey

Your plans look great! I love your spreadsheet awesome I'm staying at BLT that same weekend. My dad wants to see the TOTWL lounge so we'll prob head up there the Thursday or Friday then were at MK on Sunday as well. I'll keep an eye out for you Smile

Allie's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
I can get onto the BOG website now and get through the process all the way up to picking a day, then I get a message that I've been disconnected. I'm still pretty far out, so I'll just keep trying.

Hmmm that's interesting. Back when I was able to book mine in August I could always login and get to the screen where I could pick a day, but my days would just say there were no time slots available. Then when my slot opened up, the days listed all available FastPass+ times.

JMed's picture

Allie wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:

Hmmm that's interesting. Back when I was able to book mine in August I could always login and get to the screen where I could pick a day, but my days would just say there were no time slots available. Then when my slot opened up, the days listed all available FastPass+ times.

Same thing here Allie. The day it finally opened up with times, I heard angels singing!!!!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

h0ney227's picture

That is the prettiest planning chart ever!

RobynPrincess's picture

Fastpass plus opened up for me about 27 days in advance so don't panic yet, it let me get right up to booking and then said no times available right up until that 27th day. I didn't get an email. Yay for rainforest room!!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Kristen K.'s picture

JMed wrote:
Allie wrote:

Same thing here Allie. The day it finally opened up with times, I heard angels singing!!!!

I can now get all the way to the point where it says there are no reservations available! LoL... That's something, right? I keep checking!

Kristen K.'s picture

h0ney227 wrote:
That is the prettiest planning chart ever!

Awww, thank you so much! That made me feel good on a rough day. muchlove

h0ney227's picture

I'm glad I could cheer you up. When you're on the BoG fast pass site what reservation number is it looking for exactly? I must be putting the wrong one in because it's telling me my reservation doesnt even exist.

Kristen K.'s picture

h0ney227 wrote:
I'm glad I could cheer you up. When you're on the BoG fast pass site what reservation number is it looking for exactly? I must be putting the wrong one in because it's telling me my reservation doesnt even exist.

It's not asking me to do that every time, but I think I put in my hotel reservation number.

Brinbunny's picture

The number you need for the BoG website is the 12 digit Disney reservation number which I had to call and ask for as mine was shorter and had letters in it.

The hoops you have to jump though are tough but I thought the standard of food and the venue more than made up for it.

Allie's picture

Yup, it needs the hotel reservation number, not the package number that has letters in it. You can either call and get this or if you're able to do your online resort check in at this point, if you click that link there should be a 12 digit number in the link (at the end of the link I think? I currently don't have a reservation so can't access the link) that should be your hotel reservation number. It's also the number listed on your magical express tags.

h0ney227's picture

Ohhhh okay! I think I was using the wrong one

Kristen K.'s picture

Whoo hoo! Tomorroww is FastPass+ day banana

oHIo's picture

Kristen, I just went back and reread all of your posts from August 19, to today's post. It is such a neat story and I wanted to let you how much I have enjoyed reading it! Your trip is right around the corner! mickey

Kristen K.'s picture

yay This happened today! yay

PreviewAttachmentSize
check_in.jpg
check_in.jpg88.72 KB
Eeyore's picture

oHIo wrote:
Kristen, I just went back and reread all of your posts from August 19, to today's post. It is such a neat story and I wanted to let you how much I have enjoyed reading it! Your trip is right around the corner! mickey

Same here! I am catching up on a lot! Smile So glad this worked out. mickey

disneydoc's picture

Yea!

clapping

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

RobynPrincess's picture

Wait, what??!! No Anna and Elsa?

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Kristen K.'s picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Wait, what??!! No Anna and Elsa?

Hahaha laugh No.

Right now the plan is to be there all day, so I'm sure that we'll make more after these are done. There also may be a disability assistance card in the mix, but we'll see. I'm trying not to get too uptight about it since this will be my first time with the new system. sad

Kristen K.'s picture

Well, I've changed my FastPass+ reservations already - Haunted Mansion has become Peter Pan's Flight before lunch. I'm not entirely sure I like this whole FastPass+ thing, it's adding stress to my trip! laugh

I'm still stalking the BOG FastPass website, I think I have about 10 days to go until that opens up though. Today is day 38 on my countdown clock.

We've added a Mixology class on our Nassau day, I'm quite looking forward to that.

Allie's picture

Oooo can't wait to hear about the mixology class!

Kristen K.'s picture

I got Mickey Mail!

Our Magical Express pack was the new format single page letter, with one luggage tag per person. Does anyone have any experience in calling to ask for more luggage tags? I'm going to be one short.

I also got all of my cruise documents! yay So exciting!! It still doesn't say what time the bus will pick us up to leave for the port, which is annoying me a bit. If I won't have that information until the night before I'm going to be completely on edge about it.

PreviewAttachmentSize
mickey_mail.png
mickey_mail.png231.27 KB
Spook's picture

yay yeah Mickey mail!
I'm hoping to get mine next week crossfingers

oHIo's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Well, I've changed my FastPass+ reservations already - Haunted Mansion has become Peter Pan's Flight before lunch. I'm not entirely sure I like this whole FastPass+ thing, it's adding stress to my trip! laugh

I'm still stalking the BOG FastPass website, I think I have about 10 days to go until that opens up though. Today is day 38 on my countdown clock.

We've added a Mixology class on our Nassau day, I'm quite looking forward to that.

clapping for FastPass+ Otherwise the wait for Peter Pan is an hour or more... gaah

Eeyore's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
I got Mickey Mail!

Our Magical Express pack was the new format single page letter, with one luggage tag per person. Does anyone have any experience in calling to ask for more luggage tags? I'm going to be one short.

I also got all of my cruise documents! yay So exciting!! It still doesn't say what time the bus will pick us up to leave for the port, which is annoying me a bit. If I won't have that information until the night before I'm going to be completely on edge about it.

We did not know what time Disney was picking us up from BWV to take us to the port until the evening before...I doubt it will be early...We were picked up at 12:30ish...we were the second to last pick up. Maybe you can call before and try to find out. Smile

JoAnn C's picture

clapping clapping clapping clapping

Kristen K. wrote:
Does anyone have any experience in calling to ask for more luggage tags? I'm going to be one short.

I haven't done it myself, but I've read you can cut one in half.

LuvAllDisney's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
I got Mickey Mail!

I have called before when my MIL didn't receive her tags. If I remember right, it is a separate number you have to call. Specifically for DME. When I called they said it happens all the time and they said as long as you are within 2-3 wks before your trip you should get new tags/more tags fine by mail. The CM said if you don't receive them in time just simply tie a YELLOW Ribbon around your suitcase. He said that the staff is so well trained at this point that they pull any/all luggage that has any hint of yellow and then they double check it with the what was checked in on the airline list. I can say that this is what we were going to do if we had not received the tags in time, but we got them before we left so didn't need to. The CM even said that believe it or not a lot of people do this and don't even deal with the tags. (Being the "organized Disney planner" that I am and ahem....slight worrisome (read anxiety producing) about stuff like this, I even asked if he was for sure that it would be ok?) The CM assured me not to worry and they pull all yellow.

Hope this helps! So happy this trip is working out for you!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kristen K.'s picture

Eeyore wrote:

We did not know what time Disney was picking us up from BWV to take us to the port until the evening before...I doubt it will be early...We were picked up at 12:30ish...we were the second to last pick up. Maybe you can call before and try to find out. Smile

awesome Thanks so much for sharing this with me, at least I have somewhat of a better idea what to expect. Maybe I'll be able to get a treatment in at the spa or tour the DVC Poly rooms before the bus comes.

LuvAllDisney wrote:
If I remember right, it is a separate number you have to call. Specifically for DME.!

awesome awesome Found the number and called, they're sending me out some extras.

h0ney227's picture

Last year we only had one tag for two people/two bags. I wish I would have known that ribbon thing. I will be doing this in the future if we don't have enough tags. Great tip!