The Watson's Go West - May 2015 A Pre-Trip

Login to post comments
96 posts / 0 new
alicemouse's picture

Sounds like a great trip, Robyn!!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Allie's picture

All the hotels look gorgeous, Robyn! You always know how to do it right laugh awesome

oHIo's picture

Big announcement today.........24 hours of Magic on the East Coast AND the West Coast. Robyn will be on the West Coast and I will be on the East Coast. mickey mickey mickey

yay clapping yay clapping yay clapping

RobynPrincess's picture

oHIo wrote:
Big announcement today.........24 hours of Magic on the East Coast AND the West Coast. Robyn will be on the West Coast and I will be on the East Coast. mickey mickey mickey

yay clapping yay clapping yay clapping

I've just been reading about it!! Are you gonna dress up??

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

oHIo's picture

My blue silk Fairy Godmother robe with the big pink bow is hanging in my bedroom!! muchlove

oHIo's picture

What about you Robyn?? Are you going to dress up? I am so excited!!

stars yeah stars yeah

RobynPrincess's picture

Oh hell yeah! Just dunno what as yet...

Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite

93boomer's picture

Ohhh your trip is going to be a blast!!!!
We stayed at the Venetian last year and it was gorgeous, so go see it if you've never been. My BFF and her DH stayed at the Trump last year and also loved it. She said it was so nice.
Cannot wait til you start your trip and tell us about it!!! awesome

JanJ's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
crazycatperson wrote:
When you say cable car in Palm Springs, do you mean the one that goes up the side of a mountain - San Jacinto, I think? That's a great ride and the views up there are amazing.

Yes that's the one I think! The in laws went up there a few years ago, said its a must do!

We were in Palm Springs for our honeymoon over 20 years ago. The cable car was a highlight for us. Just be prepared for a 40F degree difference. awesome

JoAnn C's picture

Sounds like a great trip. Bummed our time in Disneyland doesn't match up. So close, yet so far away.

h0ney227's picture

Sounds like you got some good plans! awesome

NikkiMouse's picture

Sounds like a terrific trip! You did a great job organizing for a trip that is not WDW. I am at a point where I can not plan anything but a Disney trip apparently. DH and I just returned from a 48 hour trip to Baltimore, Maryland. 2 days that is all. Nothing crazy. I realized once we got there that I planned on going to restaurants that were closed at the times that we were supposed to go or that were too far to walk. My husband could not believe that the person who has spreadsheets already for a trip in October for a week long trip to Disney could not plan a 2 day trip. biggrin

RobynPrincess's picture

OMG WE ARE UNDER 3 WEEKS TO GO!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!

Disney and Universal tickets are bought (5 days Disney and 1 day Universal with extra day for free). Tickets to Alcatraz purchased, car hire sorted. I've exchanged gold coins on the My Vegas app for 1 free ticket to Zumanity and BOGOF tickets with Sy's coins (he doesn't play as much as I do). I've got some dollars exchanged and the creditcard at the ready. Summer clothes are down from the loft and I've started mentally packing.

There has been so much info released now for the 60th Anniversary celebration at Disneyland. As its a 24 hour event and fancy dress we are gonna take our Up costumes from Halloween.

I've got a plan of attack for the 1 day of Disney that Jane is coming to. We are gonna head to California Adventure first and ride RSR, Soarin', ToT and TSM before heading over to the Disneyland park and riding BTM, HM, SM, PotC, Jungle Cruise and watch the parade and Fantasmic (we will be there midweek in lowish season so I think we should be able to make it round these but if not we will prioritise). We plan on being there at EMH or whatever its called and staying till late, Jane knows to wear comfortable shoes haha. Food will be CS.

We now have more of a plan for Vegas too.

6th
Flight leaves London at about 11:30am
Arrive 3pm local time
Pick up car hire
Eat and try to stay awake till a normal bedtime

7th
Louis Cafe for breakfast (near our Condo, right on the seafront)
Disney museum
Part of 49 mile tour inc Lombard Street
Cable car

8th
Whale watching
Part of 49 mile tour
Find Pineapples on Ocean Ave as they sell Dole Whip!
Golden gate park - Japanese tea garden $8 each

9th
Change DVC from GFV to PVB
Alcatraz
Sausalito

10th
Fly to Vegas chill out by pool and a bit of exploring
Hash House a Go-Go dinner
Volcano at mirage

11th
Explore strip
Visit Venetian for shops and food court
Mandalay bay Mix for cocktails views over the strip

12th
Explore Strip
Show in the evening

13th
Bellagio fountains
Botanical gardens
Patisserie
Zumanity 9:30pm showing

14th
Drive to Disney, stop on the way at the Outlets
Dinner Downtown Disney, visit Tiki Bar in Disneyland hotel

15th
Disney both parks
Fantasmic evening

16th
Hollywood walk of fame
Rodeo drive
Melrose ave
Jane flight home

17th
Disney (open till midnight so will have afternoon break by the pool)

18th
Disney

19th
Universal daytime then drive to Palm Springs

20th
Palm Springs
Cheeky's for breakfast
Cable Car up mountain

21st
Leave Palm Springs and drive to LA in the morning
Check into Hyatt
Disney afternoon & evening

22nd
Disney 60th anniversary, gonna be crazy busy but we will power through!

23rd
Disney concert hall
Venice Beach

24th
Malibu & Santa Monica
5pm arrive at airport
Fly home

Watson's go West May 15

JMed's picture

wooooah, slow down girl! That has me tired! LOL Sounds like a blast! Can't wait to hear what you think of Vegas!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

alicemouse's picture

Sounds super, Robyn!! Does part of your 49-mile tour include Fisherman's Wharf? We had a blast watching the Sea Lions there!

Also, I'm getting to the Walt Disney Family Museum soon. WOW! You won't regret that decision!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

fmknightuk's picture

Sounds an amazing trip. You're going to have so much fun. My cousin works in DL. If you see a custodian named Joanne, ask her if she has a cousin Fiona from the UK laugh
Can't wait to read your trip report.

Fiona

JoAnn C's picture

sounds like a great trip

Holy smokes! That sounds like an amazing trip Robyn. You're going to have a ton of fun from the looks of it. awesome

Looking forward to hearing about Vegas. We've never been there but would like to go someday. There certainly won't be lack of things to do.

wistfulgirl's picture

You're going to love Vegas!! So much to see! We went in 2011 and had a blast. We're also not much into gambling and aren't huge drinkers but there was still so much going on. I was going to recommend either "KA" or "O" as your Cirque show, as they are both fabulous, but I see you've already made plans for "Zumanity" which I also wanted to see but we didn't have time. If you like history and have time, there is a wonderful Titanic exhibit at the Luxor. Well worth the time and reasonably priced. I'd give the CSI Experience a miss if I were you. We're fans of the show but this one was a bit boring. Not worth the time or money. Fremont Street Experience is amazing! Definitely make time for it!

Your other plans sound great! I've never been to any of the other places you'll be visiting, but I hope you all have an amazing time. We'll hopefully make it out to San Francisco in the next couple of years to visit friends. Can't wait to hear what your favorite experiences are. And Disney for the celebration!!!!! So exciting!!! Have a FABULOUS time!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

wistfulgirl's picture

Oh my gosh! I forgot the Magic Mile! At Planet Hollywood, a mile stretch of shops! So fantastic! I LOVE the Swarovski store there!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

RobynPrincess's picture

Swarovski...... Now you have my attention! Haha

We will be hopefully seeing another show while we are there but we are gonna see what's on offer for cheap tickets Wink there's a part of me that does wanna see britney.... But then if she just mimes and hardly dances, I dunno. See how cheap the tickets are haha

I'm currently going through my clothes and about to get the sewing machine out to make a few things and alter stuff too! Not long now! Eeep

Watson's go West May 15

RobynPrincess's picture

Just realised DL 24hr event is not fancy dress! Just WDW Sad least I thought to check, that could have been sucky being turned away the morning of the 22nd! Will wear some Disney tshirts instead

Watson's go West May 15

alicemouse's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Just realised DL 24hr event is not fancy dress! Just WDW Sad least I thought to check, that could have been sucky being turned away the morning of the 22nd! Will wear some Disney tshirts instead

Aw man! What a bummer! Your Russel and Kevin are so cute, too Puzzled

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

RobynPrincess's picture

So here we are with just a few days to go, and I'm sick with flu. I've been ill for 2 weeks as of tomorrow, nothing is packed. Nothing is cleaned. We aren't ready to go at all. Damn flu getting in the way Sad I've been in bed for the past 2 days with the last 3 days being the worst I've had in the whole 2 weeks! I thought it was supposed to start bad and then feel better by week 2?!?! Grrr.

Anyway, sorry for the moan lol I'll be getting on that damn flight no matter what Wink any last min tips?

Watson's go West May 15

JMed's picture

Oh Robyn, I am so sorry! If I was there I would come and pack for you! Feel better!!! You got this!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Miss Mikki's picture

muchlove
Hope you feel better soon Robyn,
I am sure the LA sunshine will do you the world of good - and if you aren't well enough to pack, just take your essentials (passport, toothbrush) and buy a whole new wardrobe when you get out there wink
Isn't that what husbands credit cards are for? confused laugh

no ticker Sad

JoAnn C's picture

bighug feel better soon

disneydoc's picture

Bummer Robyn! sad Hope you are doing better. Did you get a flu shot?

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Spook's picture

Feel better soon!! crossfingers

RobynPrincess's picture

Thanks everyone! Trying real hard to get better.

Disneydoc, no I was stupid and didn't get the shot Sad I could get it for free as I'm in the at risk group but I hate needles, I'm totally gonna have it this year though

Watson's go West May 15