Wawa's open in Florida! It's about time!

Login to post comments
27 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9499
Wawa's open in Florida! It's about time!

We've been waiting for this for a long time! Wawa

Wesh news video footage

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Hey I remember hearing about them the last time I was in PA. wink laugh

__________________

dewingedpixie's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2011
Posts: 522

Now if they'd just bring pepsi to disney property. Next time I'm shipping a case of pepsi max or maybe 2!

__________________

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9499

I doubt that will ever happen! Coke is the product of choice, but we feel your pain. We always bring a case of Diet Pepsi with us and I always have someone ask where I got it!

dewingedpixie's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2011
Posts: 522

You cant even get pepsi products at the gas stations on the property! It was maddening!

__________________

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

never heard of wawa's but I wish they would get Pepsi at Disney... I miss my Dr.pepper when I'm there and am not a fan of coke

__________________

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

mrhub wrote:
We've been waiting for this for a long time! Wawa

Wesh news video footage

Cool, so now I can get a Hoagiefest special in Florida but not when stopping for a break on my way to visit my family in North Jersey.

In case anyone doesn't know, there are many Wawas in South Jersey and until recently none in the northern part of the state (they now have one). People used to drive 20 miles to get to one because people are NUTS.

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9499

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
mrhub wrote:
We've been waiting for this for a long time! Wawa

Wesh news video footage

Cool, so now I can get a Hoagiefest special in Florida but not when stopping for a break on my way to visit my family in North Jersey.

In case anyone doesn't know, there are many Wawas in South Jersey and until recently none in the northern part of the state (they now have one). People used to drive 20 miles to get to one because people are NUTS.

Yep! And Wawa's are worth the drive. I'd go 10 miles out of my way to get a Wawa hoagie.

RobynPrincess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2010
Posts: 2859

Whats wawa's??

__________________

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

mrhub wrote:
I doubt that will ever happen! Coke is the product of choice,

I really think that is the product of "contract" not choice. Let Pepsi come up with a better and more lucrative offer and Coke would be off like a prom gown.

__________________

finngirl's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/11/2012
Posts: 1072

Vettelover wrote:
mrhub wrote:
I doubt that will ever happen! Coke is the product of choice,

I really think that is the product of "contract" not choice. Let Pepsi come up with a better and more lucrative offer and Coke would be off like a prom gown.

rolling rolling

__________________

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Vettelover wrote:
mrhub wrote:
I doubt that will ever happen! Coke is the product of choice,

I really think that is the product of "contract" not choice. Let Pepsi come up with a better and more lucrative offer and Coke would be off like a prom gown.

exactly. Disney doesn't have to pay Coke for any of the fountain drink syrups it buys. Just the bottled sodas. But then they sell a fountain drink for $2.39. mad

Hardy0109's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/19/2012
Posts: 688

An hour and a half wait for a sandwich and a coffee. . Seriously just wait a week for another to open for that one to calm down.. what is the point. Get a life..lol.

__________________

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9499

Well like they said, a large percent of the population that are in Florida are from the north, snow birds especially, and they know of Wawa's and like the products they sell. I myself would not wait an hour and a half, but at grand openings they usually also have free give aways and such, so I'm sure that's why some of the crowd was there. Grand openings usually are a big deal.

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

mrhub wrote:
Well like they said, a large percent of the population that are in Florida are from the north, snow birds especially, and they know of Wawa's and like the products they sell. I myself would not wait an hour and a half, but at grand openings they usually also have free give aways and such, so I'm sure that's why some of the crowd was there. Grand openings usually are a big deal.

Yep, that's when they do things like all coffee sizes for 99 cents. Including the huge mugs!

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

last week, before they opened, they were doing some marketing at the stoplight by the house I live in (which is reallyyyyy close to the Wawa) and they gave me one of those giant mugs for free! biggrin someone at work told me I can get free refills on soda with it...anyone know if that's true?

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9499

Jessi5989 wrote:
last week, before they opened, they were doing some marketing at the stoplight by the house I live in (which is reallyyyyy close to the Wawa) and they gave me one of those giant mugs for free! biggrin someone at work told me I can get free refills on soda with it...anyone know if that's true?

No not free, but refills in them are cheaper.

didyoucall911's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/07/2012
Posts: 246

Wawa's one of my favorite places to stop when I'm riding my motorcycle. Glad to know I can stop by one when I'm in Orlando. If only they would greet me with a "Welcome Home". biggrin

__________________

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

didyoucall911 wrote:
Wawa's one of my favorite places to stop when I'm riding my motorcycle. Glad to know I can stop by one when I'm in Orlando. If only they would greet me with a "Welcome Home". biggrin

Oh yeah, Wawa = hang out spot for bikes!

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Ok....so I'll show my ignorance here. Enlighten me Smile I had never heard of this place before traveling north a few weeks ago, when we stopped in a couple for gas around the DC area. What, praytell, is the big deal? (I'd rather hear from y'all than WESH.)

__________________

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1905

Best way I can explain them is to think of them as the Cadillac of 7-11s. They really did start out about the same size but always had a bigger selection of fresh made sandwiches and such. Now they are building super Wawas. And I guess it depends on the area on whether or not it is a bike hangout. I can not remember ever seeing a single bike in ours. I would have never put the two together to be quite honest.

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

mrhub wrote:
Jessi5989 wrote:
last week, before they opened, they were doing some marketing at the stoplight by the house I live in (which is reallyyyyy close to the Wawa) and they gave me one of those giant mugs for free! biggrin someone at work told me I can get free refills on soda with it...anyone know if that's true?

No not free, but refills in them are cheaper.

heck yea! awesome awesome

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

scrappy wrote:
Best way I can explain them is to think of them as the Cadillac of 7-11s. They really did start out about the same size but always had a bigger selection of fresh made sandwiches and such. Now they are building super Wawas. And I guess it depends on the area on whether or not it is a bike hangout. I can not remember ever seeing a single bike in ours. I would have never put the two together to be quite honest.

Haha, I guess it does just depend where you are. Not really a hang out, more so that they have the cheapest gas and usually happen to be along ride routes in our area.

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9499

Lizzy_B wrote:
Ok....so I'll show my ignorance here. Enlighten me Smile I had never heard of this place before traveling north a few weeks ago, when we stopped in a couple for gas around the DC area. What, praytell, is the big deal? (I'd rather hear from y'all than WESH.)

Lizzy they are much better then the mom & pop gas station/convenience stores we usually see on the way down to and around Florida. They have a great selection of hoagies and hot foods/sandwiches and really good coffee and cappuccinos. They have a fairly good size selection of groceries also. The rolls they use up here are Amoroso rolls out of Phila. and are really good Italian rolls, but I don't know what rolls they will use down there. Wawa's are best known for their Hoagies though.

I have never heard of them being associated with being biker hangouts and we get a lot of biker gangs coming threw here.

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

mrhub wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
Ok....so I'll show my ignorance here. Enlighten me Smile I had never heard of this place before traveling north a few weeks ago, when we stopped in a couple for gas around the DC area. What, praytell, is the big deal? (I'd rather hear from y'all than WESH.)

Lizzy they are much better then the mom & pop gas station/convenience stores we usually see on the way down to and around Florida. They have a great selection of hoagies and hot foods/sandwiches and really good coffee and cappuccinos. They have a fairly good size selection of groceries also. The rolls they use up here are Amoroso rolls out of Phila. and are really good Italian rolls, but I don't know what rolls they will use down there. Wawa's are best known for their Hoagies though.

I have never heard of them being associated with being biker hangouts and we get a lot of biker gangs coming threw here.

Okay, hang out was the wrong term! We just always see a bunch of bikers taking breaks there on their rides. silly

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

didyoucall911's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/07/2012
Posts: 246

Lizzy_B wrote:
Ok....so I'll show my ignorance here. Enlighten me Smile I had never heard of this place before traveling north a few weeks ago, when we stopped in a couple for gas around the DC area. What, praytell, is the big deal? (I'd rather hear from y'all than WESH.)

They've become a convenience store / sub shop ( or hogie, grinder) and occassional gas station. They brew a pretty good cup of coffee, make a pretty good fruit smoothie (much better than McDs, or BK), and have a pretty good selection of snacks, drinks, and fountain beverages . I used to live near Wawa, Pa, and as far as I remember, they started out as a dairy store. They still make one of my favorite egg nogs. I know they extend from Delaware, thru Central Jersey, not sure how far past there they go. Well, other than Orlando, Fl, of course.

__________________

didyoucall911's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/07/2012
Posts: 246

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, as far as gas stops go,... They're pretty good...lol

__________________