Drinking around the World at Epcot

If you're going to attempt drinking around the World at Epcot's World Showcase, be sure to eat first -- or indulge in some eats as you're drinking-- some good food certainly won't be hard to find.

Also, be sure to drink plenty of water and locate the restrooms on your map beforehand. Take your time -- it's certainly not a race. Take a whole afternoon and evening to make your trip, and cap it all off with a viewing of IllumiNations. And have a designated driver, of course!

Starting from the left, and going clockwise, you'll start out at:

Mexico. We recommend a stop at the La Cava del Tequila inside the Mexico pavilion to get your trip around the World Showcase started. Try one of several unique margaritas, or a tequila flight -- if you dare!

Stop two is Norway. Hop on The Maelstrom, then grab a Carlsberg beer from the beer cart.

Your next stop is China. The Joy of Tea stand has several alcoholic drinks available -- try a Mango Gingerita or a Green Tea Plum Slush for a yummy treat.

Getting Hungry?

There's plenty to eat in Epcot too! If you want the best guide to everything there is to snack on in Epcot, check out this Guide to Epcot Snacks by our friend AJ at the Disney Food Blog:

Now, you'll find yourself at Germany. Head into Sommerfest for a big Oktoberfest beer -- to us, there's no better beer than German. Wash it all down with a shot of Jagermeister, perhaps? Maybe not, because you still have seven more countries to go...

Stop five is Italy. Grab a table at Via Napoli and order a pitcher of Moretti or La Rossa beer, or a pitcher of Sangria. If you haven't eaten yet, do it here. The pizza is to die for -- we highly recommend the quattro formaggi.

Almost halfway done, stop six is The American Adventure. The Fife and Drum Tavern and the Liberty Inn have Sam Adams and good ole American Bud Light on tap. Nuff said. I give you permission to skip if you'd like to power on through.

Lucky stop number seven is Japan. Stop by the Kaki Gori food cart for sake, plum wine or Kirin draft beer.

Next on your tour round the World Showcase is Morocco. The Tangierine Cafe has several drinks to choose from -- try some Moroccan wine, imported Casa beer, or a Tangierine Cocktail or Daiquiri.

Stop nine on your trip is France. Make a beeline for the Les Vins des Chefs de France cart. This is where the legendary Grand Mariner Orange Slush and Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush are served. There's also plenty of French wine to choose from, too.

Cheerio! You've made it to stop 10, United Kingdom. The Rose & Crown Pub is your destination here. Try one of their half-and-half pub combos -- The Golden is half Harp Lager and half Bass Ale, the Black and Tan is half Bass Ale and half Guinness, and the Snake Bite is cider topped with a Harp Lager. There's also Scotch Whiskeys, Cognacs, Ports and more.

We'll wrap things up north of the border in Canada. The Snack Cart here has the Torontopolitan - Iceberg vodka, Chambord, cranberry and orange juice. There's also Canadian beer, like Moosehead and La Fin du Monde.

Good luck! Have you made the trip round the World? Share your war stories below. (;

BRiTMiCK wrote on Mon, 01/17/2011 - 15:57:

I'm fairly sure I'd be falling over by the time I got to China. Quick tip though, if you try a SnakeBite in the UK, then consider asking them to add a shot of blackcurrent juice to it - to make it a 'SnakeBite Black' all the tastier and the classic British Student's drink!

Anonymous wrote on Mon, 01/17/2011 - 16:48:

Highly recommend the annual food and wine fest. In addition to the above, there are many other countries' food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage offerings. The variety of the food is wonderful and eating really is in your better interest...

grimgrinningghost wrote on Mon, 01/17/2011 - 19:09:

grimgrinningghost's picture

i haven't had a drink in every country, .. but i guarantee that I was drinking.. if not drunk in every country, during the food and wine fest this past year. btw... if anyone loves epcot, and food, you totaly need to do the fest..

TIP: get the meal plan, you can use your snacks for most of the food at the fest..

Kristen H wrote on Mon, 01/17/2011 - 23:01:

Kristen H's picture

@Britmick -- I'll take your word for it on the Snake Bite and request a Snake Bite Black the next time I'm at the Rose & Crown!

@anonymous -- Love the Food & Wine Fest! Was just there in October.

@grimgrinningghost -- the meal plan snack credit tip is a great one! I used several snack credits for more expensive F&W fest items.

Jenn wrote on Tue, 01/18/2011 - 13:25:

On the Monday after Marathon Weekend every year, my friends and I celebrate by Drinking Around the World. Start at 11 or 11:30 when the countries open, make sure you have a snack from every country as well, and go and have a great time! :)

Anonymous wrote on Tue, 01/18/2011 - 14:01:

Not only would I def have to eat before stop 5 in Italy but I most likely wouldn't recall anything afterwards! Bringing my kids stroller..so they could push me!!!..would be a good idea too because there is no way I would be walking out!

Thanks for all the suggestions though!! My hubby and I will split some of them b/c we both love trying new bevvies!

@Britmick -- The Snake Bite Black at the Rose & Crown sounds delish! I will be trying that for sure!!

Anonymous wrote on Thu, 03/31/2011 - 00:12:

I've drank around the world (or gone country hoppin') four of my last five trips to Epcot. I'm going back in June and will be doing it all over again. Thanks for the tips on the types of drinks. I usually keep it to strictly beer and wine (and maybe a shot of Tequila and/or Jager) but seeing some of these other drink types will make me look for them this time around.

FrankO wrote on Tue, 05/10/2011 - 21:40:

Will definitely take this trip when I get there in June, week of the 20th. We'll have friends with us which should make for a good time. I too am a beer drinker like @anonymous but you've talked my into expanding my horizons. Thanks!

DeaverTex wrote on Thu, 05/26/2011 - 19:26:

DeaverTex's picture

Ack. If I mix my drinks this much, I'll get a second chance to see them. (Taste good going down, though.)

Seriously, though, has anybody ever been picked for D&D in Epcott? (The condition, not the game.) Here, I've seen folks get free rides in the back seats of official vehicles and enforced overnight stays in public accommodations who weren't nearly as loaded as this sort of activity encourages. I'd hate to take on the challenge and spend the night in a Disney jail for my efforts, not to mention the resulting record.

Amy wrote on Thu, 06/30/2011 - 14:12:

Disney Jail!? That exists? I may have to get caught on purpose...

As for Drinking Around the World, my last trip, I saw the greatest group with Tshirts. On the front, they had the disney classic four and it said Property of the Disney World Drinking Team (or something like that). On the back, was the list of countries with boxes next to them. I saw the same group later that night and they had checked off which countries they drank at.

Nick wrote on Fri, 02/03/2012 - 21:09:

I definitely started off in Canada thinking it would be a good way to ramp up. Made it to the U.S... then crawled to Mexico. My group started off easy with a couple hard ciders/beers (not too much though, didn't want to base with carbonated stuff), then we started in on the hard stuff in France. After that it was just mayhem and started going downhill when we took some crazy drink in Japan. By the time we got to the USA we were all seeing stars. The strongest of our drinkers made it to Germany and bailed.

Lesson to be learned: Don't race your friends.

Tom wrote on Mon, 04/02/2012 - 22:58:

We did the Drinking Around the World this weekend. Started in Canada around noon and finished up in Mexico just as they were shutting down around 10:00. Did beer in Canada, England, Italy, America and China. Wine in France and Morocco. Jagermeister in Germany, Aquavit in Norway, and sake in Japan. The mixing of alcoholic beverages was questioned, but 10 beers would have just filled me up with too much fluid volume.

bliebs77 wrote on Thu, 04/05/2012 - 06:06:

the real challenge is doing a full world tour during the food and wine festival. i think you would need to consume about 22 drinks in 10-11 hours to make it.

Ouch!

senseicj wrote on Sun, 04/08/2012 - 19:19:

senseicj's picture

my friend and i have done it for the food and wine festival with a break for lunch in between , we usually do around the world twice at least one day when we are there(if it is not the food and wine festival), with a break for some rides and lunch during the day it is fun, and usually at night by the time we hit the rose and crown for the second time the place is hopping with "happy" people.

Mr.Mondo23 wrote on Fri, 06/01/2012 - 22:46:

Did this May 31st. My friend Brian and I like to go counterclockwise rather than clockwise, we did a funnel cake and Sam Adams at the Liberty Square but we passed on Morroco, Italy, China, Norway and Canada. Did not know Morroco and China had booze! Finished at the Rose and Crown with bangers and mash with a Strongbow cider. to sober up we drank lots of water and did some of the less exciting rides until we were sober enough to drive. I slept in the car on the way back to the house. I'm too old to be doing this, but what the heck!

Mike wrote on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 22:02:

Everyone forgets the Outpost it sells beer an has a safari amber ale it is Located between Germany and China

Julie I wrote on Fri, 07/27/2012 - 21:23:

My family (not me) decided to Drink BEER around the world. They started at 12pm in Mexico and the last drink was at 7pm. We recorded every country, which is hysterical to watch, and took pictures with each countries servers.

Great time, great people...

Next time they said they'll mix it up. Beer was just too filling.

ashley wrote on Fri, 11/09/2012 - 17:03:

I am turning 21 next week and going with 5 friends to try and accomplish this awesome goal! Thanks for all the great tips, I hope we all make it:)

Symnnaro wrote on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 21:18:

look at christian louboutin outlet chicago BRFzHHEV [URL=http://www.christian--louboutin-outlet.net/]christian louboutin outlet store [/URL] for more OjborEQw http://www.christian--louboutin-outlet.net/

Susan wrote on Mon, 02/18/2013 - 18:50:

i have been to epcot many times and never have been able to complete the task - until February 2012! i did research beforehand on the different drinking selections available. this is important - i feel i failed all those other times due to lack of preparation. once you're there you feel overwhelmed with all the choices and you tend to get sidetracked. below is the lists of the beverages i consumed within a 4 hour long span.
canada - torontopolitan
uk - strongbow cider
france - a red regional wine, beaujolais duboeuf
morocco - sangria
japan - a cloudy sake, murai nigori
united states - sams adams, they had a seasonal brew available
italy - a soft elegant red wine flight, they give you 3 wines to taste from
germany - a jager shot
china - plum wine
norway - aquavit shot
mexico - cucumber margarita

some tips: avoid frozen drinks i.e. grand marnier orange slushee. it is delicious but it will slow you down considerable. do shots whenever possible. share some drinks - i hate beer, so the sam adams in the us; i actually bought one and asked for an extra cup for my companion. DRINK PLENTY of water and EAT snacks. we bought water and desserts in france. more water in the africa outpost and eat dinner in mexico. and last, start in canada instead of the more popular mexico. one attempt i downed a margarita on an empty stomach and that was it for me. Have fun!

Kristen K. wrote on Tue, 02/19/2013 - 17:21:

Susan fantastic tips! You're a rock star!

Kim A wrote on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 21:27:

Me and my husband are going to Disney in two weeks and I can not not wait to drink around the world! We are doing a ADULT Disney vacation and would love any other Ideas or hots spots to hit!

Kristen K. wrote on Wed, 03/06/2013 - 20:24:

Hi Kim! You'll find lots of Grown Up Disney information on our site! Feel free to browse around awhile. Also hit up our member forums for some fantastic advise from Disney Veterans!

Tom C wrote on Mon, 06/10/2013 - 14:58:

We have made the Drinking around the world 2 times and will every time we go back. It does take all day if you want to walk out of the park under your own steam. I recommend the Italian Margarita's from Italy. They are the BEST!

Jessalynn27 wrote on Fri, 08/23/2013 - 00:17:

Jessalynn27's picture

We did the Food and Wine Festival last year and had a drink at every stop in our passport :) We took 2 full days at Epcot so we were not completely drunk, but definitely had a nice buzz going throughout the afternoon. I absolutely loved the Sparkling Pomegranate Kir and Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush in France. I cannot wait to go back for our honeymoon next year :)

Alé wrote on Mon, 01/20/2014 - 19:14:

Doing this for my 21st Birthday! I'm very excited! Wish me luck.. Lol:)

James wrote on Tue, 03/04/2014 - 03:48:

Just did the tour today and must amend your list. GET OBERON IN AMERICA!!! If you like the Orange Slush you'll love this drink. My favorite drink by far. Not always a beer fan, but tasted crisp and fresh like an orange!!! Loved it!

Cindyopolis wrote on Mon, 03/24/2014 - 14:23:

My husband and I just did our Epcot Drinking round the world tour :-) Loved it! Started in Mexico, passion fruit and pineapple margaritas at La Cave. Tasted like real fruit and strong enough to start the buzz! Then we skipped on over to Germany for the Oktoberfeast. Buffet style German food and beer "German size". They will give you a to go cup! We took our beer to go and stood in line for the test track ride. Very fun while drunk! Then we went back to our international drunk tour. Sparkling Sake in Asia (yum!). Flight of white wine and a Double espresso with baileys to keep the energy up in Italy! Stopped in Morocco for beef and chicken skewers waterfront and the best Sangria (white and red) ever! Grand Magnier and lemon slushes in France. Guiness for my hubby and a leprechaun cocktail at the Rose and Crown in Brittain. Finished on a ride in the Epcot Ball. (Disclaimer: Must finish your drink!) Wonderful day!