Proposal at Cinderella's Royal Table September 2010

Login to post comments
16 posts / 0 new
lizzi6692's picture
Proposal at Cinderella's Royal Table September 2010

I mentioned this on another thread and someone asked me to share the story so here it is:
A little background:
My husband and I met online in April 2009. He lived in Vermont and I lived in Indiana approximately 1000 miles apart. It was nine months before he made the drive to come see me in January 2010. It was awesome and we hit it off just as well in person as we did on the phone and via text. Over the course of the next nine months he came to see me twice more. The fourth time was the best visit. He knew that I was a Disney fanatic but had never had a chance to actually go to Disney World(my parents aren't big travelers) so he decided that he would take me down there for the weekend. We could only go for two nights and one day in the park(Magic Kingdom, of course) because I was still in school. I was so excited when I found out yay.

He picked me up from school on Friday and we drove straight to Indianapolis to get on the plane. I was so excited waiting for our plane and kept taking pictures.

Daniel didn't like that very much.

We arrived at MCO at about 7 and quickly picked up our bag(we were only going for the weekend and I still packed enough that we needed to check a bag lol). We made our way to the Magical Express which would take us to our resort, Caribbean Beach. By the time we got there and checked in it was after 9 o'clock and we were both exhausted. We had to wait for the shuttle to come pick us up because our room was on the other side of the resort.

Once we were settled in our room we walked over to the food court to get a quick snack and then went back to the room to pass out.

The next morning I was awake early and was already showered and dressed before Daniel got out of bed. I rushed him along because I was excited to get to Magic Kingdom. We finally were ready and got on the bus to head to MK. I got really excited once I could see the castle. We quickly made our way through check out and we were finally inside the park. We were able to ride a bunch of different rides before lunch. We rode the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Haunted Mansion.
Me in the stocks(it was bright):

Pictures from the Jungle Cruise:

Me on Splash Mountain:

Around 2 we headed over to the Crystal Palace to have lunch. I was so excited about getting to meet Pooh and all his friends.
Picture of the Castle from out the CP:

Daniel told me to put my arms up in the air like Tigger

After lunch we went over to Tomorrowland and went on Space Mountain(over the course of the rest of the day we rode it 3 or 4 times), Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor(which was hilarious), and Stitch's Great Escape(I honestly don't understand all the bad reviews of this ride, Daniel and I loved it, because Stitch is one of our favorites). Then we headed over to Belle's Enchanted Forest for Storytime with Belle(I'm so glad I got to do this before they got rid of it, Belle is my favorite princess.)

After Storytime with Belle it was time to head over to the Castle for dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. We had our picture taken with Cinderella and then sat down to wait for our name to be called. We didn't wait long before we were led up to the restaurant. The view from our table(which is a special table reserved for the engagement package they offer) was amazing:

Over the course of dinner all the princesses came around to our table.

After the main course was over, our waiter brought out a platter with a lid over it, he took the lid off and revealed this:

I starting crying as soon as I saw the ring. Daniel got down on one knee and proposed.

This picture amuses me because they lady at the next table is taking a picture of us.

Of course I said yes. The other diners applauded as we kissed.

Afterwards a little girl from the next table came over and gave me a silly band it was so cute:

A picture of us together:

A picture of the special dessert(it was really yummy) and punch we got(and as part of the package we got two of the special glasses to take home along with the glass slipper that the ring came in the was engraved with our names, the date, and "forever and always, my princess):

Thanks for reading our story. I hope you enjoyed it almost as much as I did mickey.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing yay mickey clapping

Great character pics too - and I really liked the one of you with your hands up like Tigger in the background laugh

Mase's picture

Thank you for sharing. Just shows that Disney is for everyone!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Mase's picture

Hmmmm.... double post for some reason... will add smilies for effect

yay muchlove mickey biggrin awesome clapping

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Vettelover's picture

Thanks for the great pictures and story and welcome to WDWFG.

Bella's picture

Awe LOVE it!!! I got engaged at WDW too..it takes it from an awesome place to a fan-flipping-tastic place doesn't it??!? So when was the wedding?! Was it Disney themed?

mickey Bella

kayb's picture

Thanks for posting! Such a great story! mickey

JoAnn C's picture

What a great story.

JustCar's picture

How wonderful

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Lizzy_B's picture

So Sweet! Lizzi - thanks so much for sharing your story. It was wonderful to read! - what an amazing surprise!

WyckedPhoenix's picture

Aw!! Such a sweet story! Love all the pictures.

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures

RobynPrincess's picture

Awww that was lovely Laughing out loud im all teary eyed here. Can you tell us about your wedding?

Simon proposed to me at Disneyland paris on new years eve at midnight Smile

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

What a wonderful story...thanks for sharing!

Bella's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Awww that was lovely Laughing out loud im all teary eyed here. Can you tell us about your wedding?

Simon proposed to me at Disneyland paris on new years eve at midnight Smile

Awe!!! I love that!!!!!

mickey Bella

lizzi6692's picture

Our wedding wasn't Disney-themed, it was actually somewhat spur of the moment last October. All at once everything sort of fell into place and I was able to make the move to live with him so when he came to pick me and all of my stuff up we got married at a little wedding chapel. It was just the two of us and the woman that runs the chapel. It was exactly what we wanted. Although, we do hope to eventually renew our vows at Disney.

Bella's picture

lizzi6692 wrote:
Our wedding wasn't Disney-themed, it was actually somewhat spur of the moment last October. All at once everything sort of fell into place and I was able to make the move to live with him so when he came to pick me and all of my stuff up we got married at a little wedding chapel. It was just the two of us and the woman that runs the chapel. It was exactly what we wanted. Although, we do hope to eventually renew our vows at Disney.

Oh I love that!!! I was defiantly one who got kind of lost in the hub-bub of the wedding planning..by the end I was just ready to do something like you described. Sounds perfect!

mickey Bella