180 days out!

Login to post comments
25 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture
180 days out!

I was up at 4:50am CST this morning waiting at my keyboard for the clock to tick to 5am so I could make my ADRs! Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this! DH thought I was a lunatic until he saw that California Grill already didn't have our first choice for our reservation time on our anniversary. But I still managed to get every ADR we were hoping for!

California Grill (on our anniversary at 9:05pm...hoping to get a view of the fireworks)
Yak & Yeti (an absolute must!)
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Be Our Guest dinner (may cancel this for lunch, but wanted to reserve it just in case)
Ohana
Coral Reef
Via Napoli
Tutto Italia
Beaches & Cream
Whispering Canyon

Thoughts? Anything you'd switch out?

kathys's picture

No you are not alone. Am right there doing the same thing. biggrin
And I find it amazing that sometimes the times you want aren't available. And I love all your choices.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Eeyore's picture

Wow - I had no idea it would book that quick!

Have you been to Coral Reef? In my opinion, it is probably the worst restaurant in WDW. Now, the atmosphere, decor, service is excellent. The seafood is less than desirable. They do not offer many "seafood" options. It is like seafood pasta or a steak. If I am paying $$$ for seafood, I better be able to order Red Snapper, King Mackerel, Lobster Tail, and/or Crab. The food is just very so-so. That is my opinion though - I know others like it.

Love all the other places on your list!

JanJ's picture

We are 180 days out too, although we haven't booked anything yet. We want to book the Yachtsman for our anniversary on the 5th - when is your special day? Yak & Yeti is a must for us as well - gee, I'm craving a burger now!

Allie's picture

Eeyore wrote:

Have you been to Coral Reef? In my opinion, it is probably the worst restaurant in WDW. Now, the atmosphere, decor, service is excellent. The seafood is less than desirable. They do not offer many "seafood" options. It is like seafood pasta or a steak. If I am paying $$$ for seafood, I better be able to order Red Snapper, King Mackerel, Lobster Tail, and/or Crab. The food is just very so-so. That is my opinion though - I know others like it.

Thanks for the opinion, Eeyore! I know my sisters wanted to go there because it was on the Disney World episode of Full House laugh I'll make sure to mention your review to them though and make sure they don't want to switch it out for something else.

Jan, our's is on the 3rd! muchlove

JoAnn C's picture

Looks good. What meal are you having at Whispering Canyon? And no, you are not the only one. Smile

Eeyore's picture

Allie wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

Thanks for the opinion, Eeyore! I know my sisters wanted to go there because it was on the Disney World episode of Full House laugh I'll make sure to mention your review to them though and make sure they don't want to switch it out for something else.

Jan, our's is on the 3rd! muchlove

Honestly, if you've never been...it's probably a "to-do" at least once. I am just more critical of my seafood than most people! I will agree, it has one of the coolest atmospheres to eat in!

Allie I was up at 5:30 on my 180th day so I understand. I like all of your selections. I did BOG for dinner and loved it especially when the Beast/Master made his royal entrance. I had dinner at Tutto Italia and believe me I will go there every chance I get it was superb.

RobynPrincess's picture

I think we must have very similar tastes as I would choose all of those for myself! (Apart from Cali but that's cause there's nothing I will eat there Sad )

Also, I've been to coral reef twice and love it, I don't eat the seafood but hubby does and he highly rates the salmon. (He thought the lobster ravioli was just okay)

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

jhugo's picture

Allie this is how I book my dining and it is perfectly normal. A cup of coffee, my computer, and my planning sheet and life is good. clapping

Princess Cupcake's picture

laugh

I will be booking the same way too! Although the time change makes it 3:00am PST here...but I will be at my computer with my cup of coffee and my mouse clicker ready!

Once you get into the system, how difficult is it to actually do the bookings? I am hoping that because we tend to eat dinner earlier (5:00 at the latest usually), we won't run into as much difficulty getting our ADR's secured. Here's hoping anyways! crossfingers

Allie's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Looks good. What meal are you having at Whispering Canyon? And no, you are not the only one. Smile

We're doing dinner at Whispering Canyon for the barbecue and all you can drink milkshakes! Yum!

PirateGirl wrote:
Allie I was up at 5:30 on my 180th day so I understand. I like all of your selections. I did BOG for dinner and loved it especially when the Beast/Master made his royal entrance. I had dinner at Tutto Italia and believe me I will go there every chance I get it was superb.

It's funny you should mention those two because I have them reserved on the same night! If we decide to do BOG for lunch I'll keep Tutto Italia, but if we keep the dinner BOG I'll cancel it. Which one would you pick if you could do only one?

Princess Cupcake wrote:
laugh

I will be booking the same way too! Although the time change makes it 3:00am PST here...but I will be at my computer with my cup of coffee and my mouse clicker ready!

Once you get into the system, how difficult is it to actually do the bookings? I am hoping that because we tend to eat dinner earlier (5:00 at the latest usually), we won't run into as much difficulty getting our ADR's secured. Here's hoping anyways! crossfingers

My only complaint is that it got a little glitchy sometimes and when I'd search for a specific restaurant for a day and time, it wouldn't always pick up that I'd entered a restaurant and would instead list ALL restaurants available for that date and time. Not the end of the world as you could just scroll to the restaurant you wanted then, but slightly annoying when you're trying to get it done quickly at 5am :-/

Also, don't try and make two sets of reservations in 2 windows because it won't work. It will only remember one reservation at a time. I normally wouldn't have even done that, but my computer was being really slow with loading the search results so I thought I'd start on my next one while the other was "thinking". Nope. The Disney system is too smart for that!

MrHub's picture

Allie, keep trying everyday for the time you wanted at Cali Grill, there are always a lot of cancellations.

Allie's picture

Thanks, Mr Hub! I've been keeping on it just in case, but I'm thinking our new time might be even better if we can snag a window seat for Wishes crossfingers

amy1989's picture

If I had to get up at 5am to do dining reservations I would be up and ready to go, fortunately due to time difference mine falls around 11am here but I totally understand you're commitment to ADR's!!!

With regard to you're choices I think they are fantastic we have a few similar ones (well once my window opens up!)

Allie if I had to choose between BOG and Tutto Italia it definitely would be Tutto Italia. I love Italian food and the service and food was super. My BF had the lasagna and I had the Gnocchetti and we also had their sangria. Yummy. You really can't compare the quality of food between the two. I would go to BOG for lunch and Tutto Italia for dinner.

Hey Allie!

As MrHub mentioned, just keep checking for openings. In fact, we were checking for things while were were onsite because people are constantly changing/cancelling their ADRs. So, even when you're there, stuff will come and go on a daily basis.

The Cali Grill would definitely be a great place to celebrate an anniversary. awesome

Princess Cupcake's picture

Thanks for the tip Allie about the duplicate windows. I was hoping that I would be able to have them all set up and ready to go all at once. lol Looks like Disney out-thunk me on that one.

Allie's picture

PirateGirl wrote:
Allie if I had to choose between BOG and Tutto Italia it definitely would be Tutto Italia. I love Italian food and the service and food was super. My BF had the lasagna and I had the Gnocchetti and we also had their sangria. Yummy. You really can't compare the quality of food between the two. I would go to BOG for lunch and Tutto Italia for dinner.

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards. Thanks!

Allie - thanks for keeping your pregnancy blog going. I love watching Penny grow. She is so adorable.

Kristen K.'s picture

awesome

King Fergus

Well it looks good to me...Funny thing about restaurants and food..Everyone will have their favourites..It's like asking what your favourite car is to drive..Or what your favourite adult drink is..Example..My DW hates the smell of Gin..I love a Gin & Tonic..I prefer shellfish ( lobster,crab,etc ) to Fish..Yet my DW prefers fish like salmon,sole,sea bass, compared to shellfish..So when it comes to picking our ADRS..We start with around 20 and whittle it down to about 5 or 6..As long as you like the menu and there's more than one option on it,you can't go wrong..

Allie's picture

PirateGirl wrote:
Allie - thanks for keeping your pregnancy blog going. I love watching Penny grow. She is so adorable.

Aw thanks! muchlove I'm NOT a scrapbooker and I can't even keep up with a baby book, so it's a really quick way to record all our memories with her and keep everyone that is interested updated. She's getting so big! She finally cut her first couple of teeth on Friday!

JanJ's picture

Hi Allie - I was checking for dining reservations tonight for our days in August/September and there were several times available for the Cali Grill every night of our trip. If you're still looking to change the time of your ADR, you can probably do it now. biggrin

Allie's picture

Oooo thanks for the heads up, Jan! I'll go check it out!