2012 Food and Wine Festival Events

Login to post comments
24 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture
2012 Food and Wine Festival Events

Disney Food Blog recently updated us with more info on the upcoming events for this year's F&WF:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/07/17/2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-special-event-updates/#more-61436

Is anyone planning on attending any of the events? I'd love to do the Party for the Senses if we could afford it!

Now I'm just anxiously awaiting the menu announcement to be released! yay

crazycatperson's picture

We don't do the special events - it would take time away from cruising the festival booths, and there never seems to be a seminar that interests me when we're there.

And like you...I WANT THE MENU ANNOUNCEMENT! I've been checking almost daily waiting for the list of booths and their menus. Hurry up, Disney!

JoAnn C's picture

I attended two of the events last year and loved them - wine seminar and Italy Food and Wine Pairing. I may do another wine seminar this year.

Allie's picture

I remember reading your report on the Italy Food and Wine Pairing, Joann! It sounded incredible!

Hardy0109's picture

I've heard good things about this. Too bad I'm going in July Sad

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

Kristen K.'s picture

I did one of the lower cost wine events last year and it just didn't bowl me over. I think this year since we have such a limited budget that I'm just going to focus on the festival booths.

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

I think the booths would be enough to keep me interested. It helps that I'm cheap like to keep to my budget. The one that I would make an exception for is the Italian Dessert and Wine pairing after reading the review of it on DFB. Looking at that cannoli made me miss Jersey, and there isn't much that can accomplish that feat!

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

JoAnn C's picture

New information on the events has been added

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/07/29/special-event-dates-and-prices-now-available-for-the-2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

RobynPrincess's picture

Ooh some of the foods revealed!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Kristen K.'s picture

clapping clapping clapping

Allie's picture

Dang, now that all the prices are posted for the events, it looks like we will definitely just be sticking to the booths this year! eek

crazycatperson's picture

Allie wrote:
Dang, now that all the prices are posted for the events, it looks like we will definitely just be sticking to the booths this year! eek

But the menus at the booths sound AWESOME! So how much of a sacrifice is that? yay

Allie's picture

True that! I just went through and marked all my "must try" and all of my "want to try" items....29 total! And that's just food, not even drinks! Hope DH will try some of my "want to try" items so I can sample them without killing my budget and stomach!

Kristen K.'s picture

I tried to plan last year and it so didn't work for me. The plan went out the window and became a search for booths with the shortest lines! It actually worked out great because I ended up trying some things that I may not have stopped for if I was willing to wait for things on my list.

We are planning on attending a special event! We want to go to the 3D: Disney Dessert Discovery..This is a special trip for us and we will probably never go back just the two of us so this is our little splurge. yay

JoAnn C's picture

I booked the "Great Whiskey Debate" today.

has anyone ever done a wine / beverage seminar? I booked one for my wife and I on the last day of the festival. It is a boutique winery from Napa named Jarvis. I am not quite sure what to expect, so any info is appreciated.

thanks

josh

You can't run from your troubles, there ain't no place that far.
- Brer Rabbit

JoAnn C's picture

sport masterson wrote:
has anyone ever done a wine / beverage seminar? I booked one for my wife and I on the last day of the festival. It is a boutique winery from Napa named Jarvis. I am not quite sure what to expect, so any info is appreciated.

thanks

josh

HI Josh and welcome

I attended a wine seminar last year. The owner of the Selbach - Oster winery talked about the history of the winery and gave descriptions of each of the wines we tasted. I found it very informative.

DisneyDee27's picture

Josh, the seminars are great and as JoAnnC said very informative. I spent 3 days doing back 2 back food then beverage seminars. You'll enjoy yourself and hopefully you'll discovers new wine (or food) you really like. Then you can buy a bottle and take it home with you...a few years back we discovered torched cherry rum at the food & wine fest...still buying bottles today. awesome

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kristen K.'s picture

DisneyDee27 wrote:
discovered torched cherry rum at the food & wine fest...still buying bottles today. awesome

Love Bacardi Torched Cherry. We discovered that at a Billy Idol concert a couple years ago and LOVE it! I can't wait to get a Torched Cherry Limeade at F&W this year, it's one of the few things I have on my list that I must taste!

TroyW's picture

I'm going to have to try this Torched Cherry drink you guys speak of. Thanks awesome

DisneyDee27's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
DisneyDee27 wrote:
discovered torched cherry rum at the food & wine fest...still buying bottles today. awesome

Love Bacardi Torched Cherry. We discovered that at a Billy Idol concert a couple years ago and LOVE it! I can't wait to get a Torched Cherry Limeade at F&W this year, it's one of the few things I have on my list that I must taste!

Mmmm tasty! I had one a couple of years ago and it was wonderful...I'm looking forward to one or six this trip wink

TroyW wrote:
I'm going to have to try this Torched Cherry drink you guys speak of. Thanks awesome

Yes, yes you will...I don't think you'll be disappointed awesome

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kristen K. wrote:
I tried to plan last year and it so didn't work for me. The plan went out the window and became a search for booths with the shortest lines! It actually worked out great because I ended up trying some things that I may not have stopped for if I was willing to wait for things on my list.

Kristen,
When are you going? I think I'm at 53 days, too! I'll be arriving on Oct 25th.
Patti mickey

Kristen K.'s picture

hawklady313 wrote:

When are you going? I think I'm at 53 days, too! I'll be arriving on Oct 25th.
Patti mickey

We're arriving on the same day! I'm only there for 4 nights, we're staying at Art of Animation. There are some other forum members that are going to be down there around the same time too.

Check out this thread
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/october-2012-trip-overlaps-meet-ups