JanJ and KenJ's April 2015 Trip Report

Login to post comments
299 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture

Yay sounds like a great start! Can't wait for pictures from the Poly! yay

disneydoc's picture

The Disney Food Blog has an awesome article today on Trader Sams! Can't wait to see your take on it.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub's picture

Looking good! The Monorail is out of commission at the Monorail resorts (express & resort). Don't know when it will be back in commission. But they supposedly have plenty of extra boats running.

alicemouse's picture

So Disney's "little boat" still dwarfs the Carnival ship. The splendor looks like a bath toy next to the Wonder!

The duck tours look really cool. I definitely want to try one sometime!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JanJ's picture

alicemouse wrote:
So Disney's "little boat" still dwarfs the Carnival ship. The splendor looks like a bath toy next to the Wonder!

The duck tours look really cool. I definitely want to try one sometime!

I believe that is due to perspective. The Disney Wonder was closer to us.

The duck tour was really cool and we spent a lot of time in the water, probably half the tour.

JoAnn C's picture

MrHub wrote:
Looking good! The Monorail is out of commission at the Monorail resorts (express & resort). Don't know when it will be back in commission. But they supposedly have plenty of extra boats running.

My friend who is down there now just sent me a text that the monorail sailed above them as they walked back to BLT. Hopefully it will be back in service tomorrow.

Disney day is here! Just heading to the Miami airport for the short flight to Orlando. I'll report on the monorail situation when we get there.

MrHub's picture

awesome awesome

We're at the gate right now and had an interesting check in at MIA. We checked our bags at AA counter and the attendant put the AA tags on our luggage then casually ripped off the Magical Express tags!!! I immediately told him to stop and we need those tags. He said AA policy is to remove all other tags from luggage.

I explained the importance of the Disney tags and he then put them back on. I was very surprised that he had no idea what the Disney tags were. I asked him if anyone "downstream" would potentially remove them and he said that shouldn't happen. Of course we will have no way of knowing unless our bags don't show up at the Poly.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Spook's picture

Happy Disney day yay
Hopefully your bags show up crossfingers I'm surprised he didn't know what the tags were!

MrHub's picture

KenJ wrote:
We're at the gate right now and had an interesting check in at MIA. We checked our bags at AA counter and the attendant put the AA tags on our luggage then casually ripped off the Magical Express tags!!! I immediately told him to stop and we need those tags. He said AA policy is to remove all other tags from luggage.

I explained the importance of the Disney tags and he then put them back on. I was very surprised that he had no idea what the Disney tags were. I asked him if anyone "downstream" would potentially remove them and he said that shouldn't happen. Of course we will have no way of knowing unless our bags don't show up at the Poly.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

When you get home you should notify Disney and maybe even AA about them taking the tags off. Lucky you saw that.

I might do that Mark. It just surprised us completely. We are thinking of waiting at the baggage claim at MCO to ensure our bags don't come up on the belt. I'm a bit paranoid. lol.

MrHub's picture

Really, I would be too! Have fun, wish we were there too!

Vettelover's picture

KenJ wrote:
I might do that Mark. It just surprised us completely. We are thinking of waiting at the baggage claim at MCO to ensure our bags don't come up on the belt. I'm a bit paranoid. lol.

And with good reason KenJ.

MrHub wrote:

September... biggrin

MrHub's picture

KenJ wrote:
MrHub wrote:

September... biggrin

Um, I already got a meal booked for the four of us at the Yachtsman! biggrin

MrHub wrote:
KenJ wrote:
MrHub wrote:

September... biggrin

Um, I already got a meal booked for the four of us at the Yachtsman! biggrin

Right on!!! awesome awesome awesome

Allie's picture

How strange that they're trying to rip off your Disney magic from your luggage!! eek eek eek Safe travels and have a great time in Disney!

Well, we waited at the baggage claim and we didn't see our bags so we assume they were processed correctly. Now we are sitting on the ME bus waiting to leave for the Poly!

yay clapping yay clapping
It is Disney Day!!! And Poly Day!!! Enjoy, will be waiting for pictures... lots of them.

JanJ's picture

Yay, we are here. clapping yay clapping yay

Really happy to be at the Poly! Our room is great!

Mad Hatter's picture

Hope you have a wonderful trip, with luggage! Can't wait for the pics!!

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

yay yay yay
Thanks, I am sitting here at work smiling. Now if we were only there with you.

The Colonel's picture

very nice. The room looks pretty good. Please get in Trader Sam's with your camera and give us a full report...or two.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

MrHub's picture

Woo Hoo! You are over by the quite pool in the Rarotonga Longhouse, 3rd floor, probably room 3802 to 3805, somewhere around there?

Spook's picture

Your room looks awesome! awesome
Can't wait to hear more!

The Colonel's picture

is that a DVC studio or a cash room?

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

The Colonel wrote:
very nice. The room looks pretty good. Please get in Trader Sam's with your camera and give us a full report...or two.

We will definitely try Colonel. mickey

Oh, just saw your other question... It's a cash room.

oHIo's picture

Thanks for the great pictures! Yay for double sinks and good lighting in the bathroom!! Four and a half weeks to go and DH & I will be checking in at Poly! Looking forward to more pics & reports....is Trader Sam's on your agenda? Colonel and I both want to know!!