JanJ and KenJ's April 2015 Trip Report

Login to post comments
299 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

scrappy wrote:
Of course you had to treat yourself! If I only bought one if I needed it...well, let's not go there. I do think that, that one may be my favorite pattern yet.

Oh god yeah she is crying now! gaah Crying Crying . And it's limited I'm sure since it's a F & G Special Edition.

JMed's picture

Question...

In the F&G Expo Center, was the section with all the wine there? It was to the left of the entrance for F&W. There are a couple favorites I would love to snag next weekend.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JanJ's picture

JMed wrote:
Question...

In the F&G Expo Center, was the section with all the wine there? It was to the left of the entrance for F&W. There are a couple favorites I would love to snag next weekend.

I didn't see much wine in there, but I was only looking for Dooney's so I could have missed it! lol biggrin

Just had a nice meet up with CCP and her husband (Jan & Dan). Very nice people and it was a pleasure to meet them. We had a drink at Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace.

JoAnn C's picture

I love the design on that purse.

oHIo's picture

Checking into Poly DVC in four weeks. Didn't think I could be any more excited until I read your trip reports and saw your pictures. I was just kidding myself before! The anticipation is overwhelming!

oHIo wrote:
Checking into Poly DVC in four weeks. Didn't think I could be any more excited until I read your trip reports and saw your pictures. I was just kidding myself before! The anticipation is overwhelming!

Thanks! I'm already excited about coming back to the Poly in September even though I'm here right now! mickey

A quick visit to MK tonight and a few photos. I'll take some shots of the hub area next time we are there during daylight hours. Tonight we rode BTM and POC. The mist/pirate at the beginning was not running.

AnnielovesDisney's picture

As usual, wonderful pictures!

Spook's picture

Is that the Confectionary that is under renovation?

JanJ's picture

Spook wrote:

It starts after the confectionary, but as usual, all stores and the confectionary are open! biggrin

Spook's picture

JanJ wrote:
Spook wrote:

It starts after the confectionary, but as usual, all stores and the confectionary are open! biggrin

Confectionary is my favourite! muchlove

alicemouse's picture

KenJ wrote:
I'll take some shots of the hub area next time we are there during daylight hours.

awesome Thanks, Ken!

The walkway from DHS to EPCOT looks extra lush and green in your photos.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Another photo walk around the resort this morning...

The path is coming along. Might even see them pour concrete before we leave on Friday.

Morgan's picture

Lovely pictures! Thank you so much for sharing so many. I have to admit, the one with the castle reflected on the water actually brought tears to my eyes! So pretty.

The Poly renovations look amazing! Glad to know it's living up to expectations (of course it would, it's Disney! But you still wonder about things, right?)

I'm excited to see the Moana Mercentile, too!! We're planning to stay at the Poly for our 2017 trip and hope that Moana characters will have a role at the resort. (My husband is a Kiwi, and we are curious to see what parts of the Maori culture the Poly includes.)

"You're dead if you only aim for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway." ~ Walt

"All it takes is Faith and Trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!"

NikkiMouse's picture

I loved all your pictures! The Poly looks wonderful. We have never stayed there, but it is definitely on my Disney bucket list.

93boomer's picture

Awesome pictures!!!

The Colonel's picture

Your back up camera is filling in admirably. Great Pictures. I really can't wait to check out the Poly.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Mad Hatter's picture

Ken & Jan, have they opened up another pathway to the TTC from the Poly, or is that permanently gone?

Hope your trip continues to be super! mickey

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

The Colonel wrote:
Your back up camera is filling in admirably. Great Pictures. I really can't wait to check out the Poly.

Thanks, Colonel. I've actually been using the GH4 along with the GX7. I decided to keep using it as it appears to working find again even though it has this flash issue. There is a bit of damage to the flash unit because of the heat generated when it fired in the closed position. I'll get it repaired once I'm back home.

Mad Hatter wrote:
Ken & Jan, have they opened up another pathway to the TTC from the Poly, or is that permanently gone?

The path between the Poly and TTC is open (we've used it a few times already) and looked completely normal to me. Was it closed at some point?

Regarding the Dooney bags, here are all of the styles available for the F&G festival.

We did a quick visit to DHS this morning. The buses were a complete mess though...

First, we waited as 3 Animal Kingdom buses came and went. The finally a DHS bus came. We got on and then 2 scooters showed up and it took forever to load them on the bus. Then the rear doors wouldn't close. The driver fiddled around with them, but they were broken. So, we all unloaded from that bus and then had to wait for another 2 to come because the first one that showed up was filled instantly. It probably took us over an hour to get from the Poly to DHS.

Anyway, once at DHS, I was really impressed with how the main street looks now that the hat is gone. The theatre building looks so good and I can't believe it was hidden from view for all those years. It's a building that deserves to be seen from a distance as well as up close.

The Trolley Car Cafe is now open and Jan bought a DHS/Starbucks mug. We got back to the room to discover there is a flaw in the paint so she will have to exchange it.

Then we jumped on another bus back to the Grand Floridian and had a build your own salad there. It was just what we needed after days of eating the fancy foods. I had a craving for a simple vegetable salad and it hit the spot. We then walked back along that path to the Poly.

Crews are busy painting today and the kiddie water feature is about to open again.

Does anyone know the significance of the green and blue paint on top of the Ceremonial House? I imagine it has something to do with Polynesian traditions?

Allie's picture

Love that DHS view! Reminds me of when I went as a kid! awesome

Allie wrote:
Love that DHS view! Reminds me of when I went as a kid! awesome

Yeah, I never saw it without the hat but I really like the new (old) look. awesome

Well, Jan got her Dooney, so I had to get this...

We've had some really wild weather roll through here the last couple of days. Check this out...

Allie's picture

That is some serious rain! eek Love the HM figurines!

Mad Hatter's picture

KenJ wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:

The path between the Poly and TTC is open (we've used it a few times already) and looked completely normal to me. Was it closed at some point?

I thought I had seen information that the pathway would be closed due to the construction and possibly not reopened. I'm glad it's still there! biggrin

KenJ wrote:
Well, Jan got her Dooney, so I had to get this...

These are great!

Things get curiouser and curiouser...