Package Pick Up at Walt Disney World Theme Parks

You don't have to worry about schlepping your bags and packages along with you while shopping your way through Walt Disney World. Disney offers several options to make your touring run smoothly without having to worry about your precious gifts and mementos.

Magic Kingdom Package Pick Up SignMagic Kingdom Package Pick Up Sign
End of the day package pick-up is available to all park guests. Purchases made throughout the day can be delivered to special locations for you to pick up as you exit the Theme Parks. This easy and convenient service allows you to enjoy your day without having to carry heavy or awkward purchases with you. It also protects them from possible loss or damage that could be incurred throughout the day.

How Does It Work?

• Make a purchase at any Theme Park shop.
  • Tell the cast member at the register you would like to use package pick up.
  • Fill out the form and check which type of delivery you would prefer, your home address, the name of the WDW Resort you are staying at (if one), and your check out date if you're staying on property.
  • The cast member will attach the form to your package and give you a copy for you to use at pick up.
  • Before leaving the park, stop at the Package Pick Up location and retrieve your bags!

Magic Kingdom Package Pick UpMagic Kingdom Package Pick Up
Theme Park Pick-Up Locations

• At Magic Kingdom: Package Pick-Up on Main Street, U.S.A., is located at the Chamber of Commerce next to City Hall.
  • At Epcot: Package Pick-Up and Shipping office is at the Entrance Plaza of Epcot.
  • At Disney's Hollywood Studios: Package Pick-Up is at Oscar's Super Service just inside the Main Entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios.
  • At Disney's Animal Kingdom: Package Pick-Up is at Garden Gate Gifts just inside the main entrance to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Are you Staying On Property?
One of the fabulous perks of staying at a WDW Resort is that, when shopping your way though the Parks or at Downtown Disney, you can have your packages sent back to your hotel for pick up in your Resort's Gift shop after 1:00 PM the next day.

I love Disney's Package Pick Up service and have never had any trouble with it. What have your experiences been? Do you pick up at the end of the day or have the bags delivered to your resort? Leave me a comment and let me know!

magic wrote on Tue, 11/08/2011 - 18:10:

magic's picture

I don't use the perk like I use to because I don't buy as much merchandise. The quaility isn't there.

I like the early days when your packages were delivered to your room. I would return to the resort and see many Disney bags on the bed. That was fun.

Now, I have to make a trip to Resort's Gift shop. Not as exciting.

Still a okay feature of not having to drag your bags around the parks.

Phil wrote on Tue, 11/08/2011 - 20:45:

Phil's picture

If you stay on a resort Concierge level, the packagess get delivered to your resort room; it's a nice touch.

We tend to use this service when we find something we'd like to buy but neither want to carry it around nor come back later. It adds to the convenience factor and probably ends up costing us more in purchases; if there's no penalty of carrying it around, you're likely to buy more... I'm sure that's Disney's reason to keep it going, but I'm not complaining.

JeffC wrote on Wed, 11/09/2011 - 02:05:

We use it on occasion, and really appreciate the convenience and benefit of not having to carry things around when we find stuff early in the day. WE;ve never had a bad experience personally.

BUT....we indirectly had a not so fun (because I'm not a patient line-waiter!) experience with package delivery. Last December, at the World of Disney. The line we chose only had 2 workers. We noticed one was spending an incredible amount of time with one person, who had a dozen ore more bags of purchases. As we stood in line longer and longer we were perplexed at what this one CM was doing - taking everything out of a bag, re-ringing it up, and putting it back in the bag.

Someone explained to us that the lady made purchases at a variety of DTD stores, and this was her last stop. And since she had so much, she now wanted it all delivered to her resort. But since she bought stuff for different stores, the only way they could deliver it to her resort and make sure everything was accounted for, was to re-ring EVERYTHING up so they had a record or inventory of what was included.

It took us 20 minutes to get through to the other cashier, and when we left, they were still working on her inventory.

I'm assuming what we were told was true, because I can't imagine any other reason for what they were doing!

Kristen K. wrote on Wed, 11/09/2011 - 13:18:

I do miss it being delivered to my room, and waiting until the next day can sometimes be hard, but I just love not having to carry my bags around. When the kids were in strollers I never used this service, but now that they're grown I seem to use it more and more!

JoAnn C wrote on Thu, 11/10/2011 - 01:59:

JoAnn C's picture

I haven't needed to use this service. I can see it can come in handy.

Liz W wrote on Thu, 11/10/2011 - 16:34:

Liz W's picture

We used the ship to home service with our Christmas ornaments and it was perfect we arrived home and a few days later our package was there!

We also used the deliver to resort and we enjoyed it because we didn't have to carry everything! I will definitely use this again!

katrina1122 wrote on Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:07:

katrina1122's picture

I always use deliver to resort option, even if it's just for a postcard. I carry as little as possible. I did like when it would be in your room though. We often get back to the gift shop after it's closed so things will be build up for a day or two before we have time to pick it up.

Yes concierge delivers to your room, but I just can't justify the extra money for concierge even with this perk.

Rach W wrote on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 14:53:

Rach W's picture

Unfortunately the entrance plaza is huge. What nobody mentions is the office is outside the entry turnstiles, at the very western edge of the plaza.

But still, it was worth it not having to haul breakable items all around the park.