Sometimes, in the midst of the hustle and bustle at Walt Disney World you just want to sit down, relax and take a boat ride, right? And that's why we're compiling a list of the top 10 boat rides at Walt Disney World. Put on your life vest and keep your hands and arms inside the boat at all times. Here we go!
10. Splash Mountain - Sure, it's not technically a boat...more like a hollowed out log. But it floats, so we're calling it a boat. This attraction, based on the film "Song of the South" takes you on a ride through the Louisiana bayou as part of Br'er Rabbit's adventure. And then there's that five-story drop. You're going to get wet, trust us.
9. Magic Kingdom Ferries and Resort Boats - The water transportation to and from the Magic Kingdom is provided by three ferries - the Richard F. Irvine, the Admiral Joe Fowler, and the General Joe Potter. If you're staying at the Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, or Ft. Wilderness you can take one of the water cruisers to the Magic Kingdom.
8. Friendship Boats - Guests at Disney's Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club or Swan and Dolphin, can take a Friendship Boat to Epcot or Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you're at Epcot and just can't bear to walk around World Showcase one more time, hop on a Friendship Boat to take you to the other side of the lagoon.
7. Maelstrom - Board a Viking ship and start your adventure through the history of Norway. "You are not the first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last." As you make your way past polar bears and trolls, you'll find yourself drifting backward and then plunging down a 28-foot drop into the North Sea! A perfect way to capture the spirit of Norway.
6. Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros - Inspired by the Disney film "The Three Caballeros, this is a fun-filled boat ride through Mexico. Watch as Donald has an adventure of his own. And enjoy the "fireworks" at the end!
5. Living with the Land - Part entertainment and part educational, this boat takes you through several ecosystems before gliding through the Land's greenhouses. Be on the lookout for the Mickey-shaped pumpkins and the 9-pound lemons.
4. Liberty Belle - If you haven't yet taken a ride on the Liberty Belle you are missing out! Hop on board, head to the top deck and enjoy your relaxing river cruise around Tom Sawyer Island. At 17 minutes long, it's a good way to rest those tired feet.
3. it's a small world - This is likely one of the first boat rides you ever took at the Magic Kingdom. And it's the only boat ride with its very own theme song! You know you'll be singing it all day long. You might be singing it now... "it's a small world after all...."
2. Pirates of the Caribbean - Mermaids. Pirates. Captain Jack Sparrow. This boat ride has it all and is one of the all-time classic attractions. And be sure to pay attention to the details in the queue, like the never-ending chess game. It's a pirate's life for me!
1. Jungle Cruise - The ultimate Disney boat ride, this journey through the world's most exotic and dangerous rivers has elephants, head hunters, silly jokes, and the backside of water. Enjoy your cruise... and be sure to laugh at the skipper's jokes.
Thanks so much to Traci C. for this fun Top 10 count down! Disney sure does have one of the most entertaining fleets of earth for sure. What is your favorite boat ride at Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments below.